Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Symptoms of pre-eclampsia?

(4 Posts)
Annie75 Thu 12-Jul-07 22:11:18

Feeling slightly paranoid, so thought I'd post. 36 weeks and noticed in my yoga class earlier on that my feet and ankles have suddenly swollen up - they weren't like that yesterday. Also, have had spots in front of my vision several times today, but they don't last long. Also have several swollen pea-sized lumps under my left arm and one now on my right armpit, which appeared yday evening and which I put down to milk production gubbins.

Other than that, I feel fine, but it just occurred to me that these are two of the symptoms of pre-eclampsia. Shall I just leave it and see how I'm feeling tomorrow? I don't like panicking and prefer to leave things...Do any of you have experience of these symptoms?

Princesspowersparkle Thu 12-Jul-07 22:17:32

My feet have swollen up today but not got the flashing spots. I'd call your MW first thing- she might pop over to check you BP and urine to be on the safe side. Its always worth checking if you are worried. I'm sure you'll be fine. Rest with your feet up and try not to cross them.

xx

Annie75 Thu 12-Jul-07 23:03:29

Thanks, PrincessPS. Prob just that I'm in late pregnancy and the water retention is kicking in, but I'll call the midwife tomorrow...x

lisad123 Thu 12-Jul-07 23:18:33

Please call midwife unit tonight or midwife first thing tomorrow. If you get a heaache please go straight in.
If the blobs get worse, go in. It can come on quickly and can be serious.
My signs were hedaches and swollen ankles, and chest pain. My friend had the blobs. Please do get checked.
Lisa

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: