Talk

Advanced search

just pregnant and very anxious

(15 Posts)
piekin Wed 11-Jul-07 22:18:53

Hi, I am just a few weeks pg and am finding i am really worrying about everything, and feel very lonely just wanted to join u girls to have someone to talk to as so early I can't tell anyone yet. AM worried about so many things, I have rhesus factor, partnership unstable, want to keep the pg...endless amounts of worrying!AM just lonely with my secret I guess!

sweetkitty Wed 11-Jul-07 22:44:00

hi piekin I think what you are feeling is only natural I take it this is your first baby, it is such a shock when you find out you're pregnant even if it's planned. Come over and join us on the Due in March thread I take it that's when your due? We are a mixed bunch of first timers, some on 2nd, 3rd and even 4th babies. Worrying is just part of being pregnant, the antenatal clubs are great because chances are if your worrying about something someone else is too or someone else has been through it too. You can rattle away to your hearts contect

Alfie72 Wed 11-Jul-07 22:59:38

You're seriously not alone. I think it is very natural to be anxious. Make sure you let people know how you feel, don't bottle it all up. Midwives and GPS are there to help and won't judge you. Talk to mums on mumsnet and mums you know. I think once you get past that 12 week mark- you'll find things less stressful

Moorhen Thu 12-Jul-07 09:34:01

Hi piekin, I felt exactly the same when I got pg - but this site is a life-saver! So much support and information here, it`s wonderful.

If by rhesus factor you mean you`re rhesus neg, so am I and so far it has been nothing to worry about - a couple of extra blood tests and a couple of extra injections. Really just means you get a little bit more monitoring, which I didn`t think was a bad thing.

Hope you feel better as your pregnancy progresses...

groovergirl Thu 12-Jul-07 09:53:29

Hello Piekin, I sympathise with your anxiety; I felt awful during my first PG weeks, even tho I did (and still do) look forward to having the baby. I too have an unstable partnership --- I'm moving out as soon as I find a suitable flat --- but it's amazing how getting to week 15-16 has given me a clear enough head to be able to make that decision.
As for the rhesus factor, as Moorhen says, you'll get a little more medical attention and care because of it, which is nice. Chin up. The early rush of hormones will settle down and if you do want this baby (underneath all this anxiety) you'll be feeling better in a few weeks.

Mrswizz Thu 12-Jul-07 12:00:32

Hi Piekin,
I do feel for you. It is particularly bad when you're first pregnant- your hormones drive your emotions crazy. Even small things got on top of me and had me crying and worrying. I can't advise you on your partner probs, but your doctor can help out with your blood status and hopefully focussing on your baby can get you through. You may find you can cope better as you progress and your hormones even out a bit.

Groovergirl, I read your other thread. Glad you hear you seem to have got your head sorted out.

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 12-Jul-07 12:38:06

Hi Piekin - I was just the same. Even though we were trying to conceive, I sat in silent shock for about 20 minutes after finding out I was pregnant. It's only natural to worry about everything as your hormones go mad.

It might be an idea to confide in a very close friend so that as well as the lovely people on this board, you have a real life sounding board too.

Good luck with everything.

derah Thu 12-Jul-07 13:08:01

Hi Piekin. Pregnancy is a big worry, it really is normal to stress about everything. Like Sweetkitty said, please come and join the Due in March 2008 thread on the Ante-Natal Clubs board (find us here). We're all in the same boat and it does help to chat to others in the same situation. You'll be ok!!

foxybrown Thu 12-Jul-07 13:22:54

Aw piekin! 6 years ago I was there - rhesus neg isn't a problem and is easily managed. My relationship was non-existant and I started as a single parent. It all worked out, I loved it when it was just my child and me (and I love it now we're a family about to have number 4). It all works, try to stay positive, be brave and watch those pesky hormones!

And do join the AN group. There's an awful lot of support on here. Good luck with it all, and do try to enjoy it rather than worry!

LittleLupin Thu 12-Jul-07 13:25:51

Hi piekin and welcome. Congratulations on your great news!

I was absolutely petrified when I was pregnant with DS. Every possible bad thing went through my head. I think it's a pretty natural reaction to have. It will get better, honestly, and there's lots of support here when you need it.

piekin Thu 12-Jul-07 13:42:31

Wow! Thanks everybody for your support, that is very much appreciated! Glad being a nervous wreck is natural! And thanks for the stuff about rhesus neg, it sounds much less scary from someone who has been through it! But yes, despite everything I am really excited as well! Will take a look at the An group for march dues, and yes that will be me too now I guess!(shock)

Pennypops Thu 12-Jul-07 14:17:05

Hi Piekin,

Congratulations! I can really understand you feeling lonely - I felt exactly the same at that stage. I used to get very upset because I couldn't explain to people why I felt so dreadful and so tired. As the pregnancy prgresses you do calm down a lot - the worry never really goes away but you learn to deal with it!

I am rhesus negative too and really it isn't a huge issue - you get slightly closer monitoring and a few more needles I'm afraid but it isn't a massive issue these days.

I found MN antenatal (am on September thread) a total lifesaver. It's quite addictive I warn you now but its such a relief to be able to explain what you are feeling to those who understand and at the same time help other people if they are having a rough day.

Good luck with it all!! It can be a bumpy ride but it's basically fab!!

bumperlicious Thu 12-Jul-07 14:29:11

Hi piekin

Try not to worry too much, a lot of stuff is out of your control now, which makes things worse. The rhesus thing is nothing to worry about. just a few ouchy injections (only a problem if you are a big baby like me!).

Sorry things aren't great with your DP. How does he feel about the baby? I hope he is looking after you, you need to be pampered a bit at the moment. pregnancy can be tough for some people (I hated it). now have a fab dd who is 3 weeks old.

You just have to take each day as it comes, don't be hard on yourself and spend lots of time on here! there will be an answer to whatever questions you have

piekin Thu 12-Jul-07 18:31:56

thanks bumperlicious,pennypops, and the rest, for the reassurance. It is definately very comforting to have a place to air all the stuff I'm thinking about. AM very excited by the thought of all these gals expecting babies too. No-one in my peer group has kids, ( either have no partners, too career oreintated, too sensible!!), but it makes me feel good to have your support. Bumperlicious, you are so lucky to have a lovely baby! Thanks for asking apout my DP's thoughts. He is basically a sweet guy, wants us to keep it, get married etc, but I am not really sure coz I don't know if I could live with him...

piekin Fri 13-Jul-07 14:29:21

coz he smokes cannabis n drinks aswell....n I'm not sure if I really love him. But it could be the hormones...Anyone else questioning their relationship since they are pg?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now