Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on swollen foot please

(8 Posts)
Puppie Wed 11-Jul-07 20:44:38

Hi there! Was wondering if anyone has had something similar to this. I'm 7 months pregnant and at my antenatal classes have been told to be on the lookout for Pre-Eclampsia. I know a certain amount of water retention is to be expected but my ONE foot and ankle has swollen up suddenly in the last half hour. Seems strange to me that it is one and not both. Any Feedback would be appreciated!

HollyGoHeavily Wed 11-Jul-07 20:47:55

Hi - I am 22 weeks and I had the same thing recently. My midwife told me not to worry unless I got other pre-eclampsia symptoms like swelling elsewhere, bad headaches, flashing spots in your vision or high blood pressure (there are a few others).

She said isolated swollen ankles were to be expected and I should just put my feet up more.....

beansontoast Wed 11-Jul-07 20:51:25

i read somewhere that lying on your right side can hinder your circulation and result in fluid retention in th elegs....have you been lying on your right?

Puppie Wed 11-Jul-07 21:05:01

Thanks BOT. Havent been lying down but went for a half hour walk. Its reassuring about having more than one symptom so thanks HollyGoHeavily.

Princesspowersparkle Wed 11-Jul-07 21:05:36

Hi
I've had one swollen foot for a couple of days. Not too worried about it, but if you are call your MW and ask her to do BP and check your urine. Swolleness is a big part of pg and that on its own is generally nothing to worry about. Just double check with her to put your mind at rest.

x

Puppie Wed 11-Jul-07 21:15:57

PPP Might call her tomorrow. Lol ..wouldn't be so bad if they matched but feel slightly ridiculous lumbering around with one fat foot!

fettleandminifettle Wed 11-Jul-07 22:08:30

Hey Puppie

I'm 29 weeks and also seem to have one foot/ankle that swells up more than the other. Only does it some days too.

As long as it goes down overnight (Try raising the end of your mattress a bit), and you have no other pre-eclampsia symptoms, I would say it is probably ok. But mention it to your MW when you next speak to her.

Funnily enough I find it swells up more on days i've been at work, rather than at weekends, when i'm actually on my feet more!

Hope it is all ok.

X

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 11-Jul-07 22:10:33

One foot was worse than another in my case. But the fact that it is only 1 foot and not the other also rings DVT alarm bells to me. I would get it checked tomorrow at teh latest.

Lulumama and RubySlippers are good for guidance on DVT - I might give them a shout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now