Talk

Advanced search

Due December 2019

(1000 Posts)
Boogie20 Thu 28-Mar-19 23:42:17

Hi!!

This week I have taken 4 pregnancy tests, all positive. I’m afraid to get too excited because it is so early. I’ll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I have no other signs of pregnancy so it doesn’t feel real yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

First pregnancy, so many questions but I can’t ask friends or family yet.

Noclue4262 Fri 29-Mar-19 04:37:08

Me! (for now I guess as super early and I know nothing guaranteed at this stage). This is a surprise for me, told ages ago kids were unlikely an option for me so my husband and I assumed we couldn’t and never tried in 10 years. Like a cliche teenager...one unprotected drunk date night (and I am 37!) no period so I assumed menopause...I know ...you can eyeroll at me...the gp did...and same...pregnant

I guess I almost don’t believe it and I was feeling some symptoms (in highsight) but I woke yesterday with vague period like pains (mild but still) and a heap of energy so I am wondering if I will lose it. But having said that the moral in that case will be...can get pregnant so can try again as I think I am still in shock

But for now like you I feel normal, but very alone as I can’t really ask anyone in my world a single question. My work is male dominated and will have to hide this until I can’t, my friends are career people or had kids 10 years ago, plus I have to keep it to myself for the next 3 months! So I am glad of anyone to chat to about it.

Lorna2019 Mon 01-Apr-19 16:26:42

Hi,

Congratulations!!!

I did a pregnancy test today and it was a BFP. I cried. 1. Because I didn't think it would happen. 2. Because it happened so quick. 3. What if I am reading the test wrong? 4. I have no baby experience whatsoever.

My OH is laid back and wants me to take another test on Wednesday when we are off work together. I am terrified of MC. I have a constant dull ache in my stomach, I am tired and want to sleep as much as I can but when I do I have crazy dreams. My face has gone all flaky. If I have figured it out right then I am due in early Dec.
I started loosing weight in a bid to help me get pregnant and I'd lost 1st but I could have done with loosing 5st. Now I am worried that my weight will hinder things.

I will test again on Wednesday and if it is still BFP then will call the Drs.

Littlebird5 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:00:35

Welcome both of you and congrats!

I got my BFP 2 weeks before starting ivf! We decided to try one more time.
I am also terrified of MC...
We took 4 tests because we just couldn’t believe it.
I don’t have any symptoms though. It makes me nervous but I know every pregnancy is different.

Lorna2019 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:23:19

@Littlebird5 Ah, congratulations! That happened to my friend, she'd been trying for 2 years then found out she was PG at the IVF appointment, she gave birth to a baby boy last week.

My sister just went through IVF and she MC I j the first round so I'm very aware of what can happen. Like you say every pregnancy is different.

I just have dull cramps all the time. I've spent a lot of time googling. I'm not great at waiting. I've been completing a due date calculator and looking at my Mat Leave policy at work. There is so much going around in my head. I wish my mind didn't work like this.

When did you get your BFP?

Littlebird5 Mon 01-Apr-19 19:19:27

@Lorna2019

I got my bfp last Monday.

I am exactly the same, I google everything. When I do it late at night I can’t sleep after.

My husband made a spreadsheet the 4 different ways I could take my maternity, so you aren’t alone in that either.

Do you have any antenatal appointments booked?

Bumpingalong84 Mon 01-Apr-19 21:30:46

Hi ladies can I join the chat. I got my bfp on the 24th, at 9DPO so super early and this last week has gone so slowly. This is number 2 for me. Due date 2nd December but I think I’ll be pushed back till 6th as I know I ovulated later but who knows.

What symptoms you guys getting?

Lorna2019 Mon 01-Apr-19 21:37:25

@Littlebird5 No, not yet. I'm going to do another test tomorrow. And another on Wednesday and then once I'm confident I will call the GP. How about you?

My DP is very reserved, I think because he has been educated in all the ways it can go wrong he doesn't want to be too excited until it's been confirmed by a Dr. 8 weeks feels like a really long time to get to the 12 weeks.

I just got back from my best friends and feel like I'm lying to them because I really want to tell them but also, it's far too early. Really wish I could post my test as I feel like line is faint and want someone to tell me it is positive and I'm not deranged.

Lorna2019 Mon 01-Apr-19 21:41:35

@Bumpingalong84 Ah, congratulations! That is an early result. Sometimes it's a curse testing early because you've got longer to wait. But it's like trying not to eat cake on a diet. I'm so pleased for you!

I've got sore boobs, heavy like pre period boobs where you take your bra off and they hang heavy. I've had some very vivid dreams. I don't feel like eating much. I have lower back pain and right across my knicker line. I've googled extensively and these symptoms are all consistent with pregnancy. I hope. It's quite the shock.

mummyplatt Mon 01-Apr-19 22:00:55

Hi Ladies.
Wanted to say hi, I found out the other day I'm due my 4th (!!!!!) baby. Also due in December.
Im the opposite and have so many symptoms. 3 was our number but I had so many symptoms so I tested.... I was on the pill! ooops!

I remember my 1st and second pregnancies I didn't have many symptoms in the beginning. I tested a fair few times!!! xx

MindyMoonstone Mon 01-Apr-19 23:32:10

Hi ladies, congrats on your bfps! flowers

Can I join? Based on LMP my due date is 26th November, I’m exactly 6 weeks tomorrow and found out two weeks ago when AF was due. Longest two weeks ever!!!! halo

I’ve been waiting for a December group because I know a lot of first babies that are late 😂

No major symptoms so far, I’ve got bigger sore boobs, and have had a fair bit of cramping and back ache throughout the two weeks. Fingers crossed no mega sickness yet but tiredness has kicked in these last few days, big time.

Look forward to sharing this journey with you 😁

Bumpingalong84 Tue 02-Apr-19 04:29:41

@Lorna2019 thank you. Yeah it was mega early but I just knew blush

I’ve had a few cramps here and there but biggest thing has been the sore full boobs and tiredness which I don’t remember from first time round. My nausea kicked in at 6 wks with my first so feeling a little anxious about that!!

The tww is so hard, then you get your bfp and you have the 8wk wait 🙈 which is even harder.

Bumpingalong84 Tue 02-Apr-19 04:30:52

My little one was up hence the crazy early morning message 🙈

Lorna2019 Tue 02-Apr-19 05:20:00

@Bumpingalong84 Ah, I'm awake - my OH had a coughing fit at 3 and I've been googling like mad since. At least you have a reason to be awake!

How old is your little one? The sore boobs are so sore. I've been on Asos looking at bralettes cos surely I need something to keep them in the right place when I sleep. I feel like the skin is stretching - dramatic?! I've gone off food, dreading if I get morning sickness. You can share any tips you might have.

I want to take another test this morning just to make sure. Didn't realise pregnancy tests were addictive. 8 weeks feels like forever, I don't know how I will keep it a secret! And just praying everything is ok. X

Lorna2019 Tue 02-Apr-19 05:22:55

@mummyplatt @MindyMoonstone Congratulations!

Bumpingalong84 Tue 02-Apr-19 08:00:39

@Lorna2019 tell me about it, I’m addicted to seeing two lines 😂 I’ve poas most mornings since finding out! I should stop soon really.

My DD is 3.5, will be 4 by the time this one arrives. Can’t wait to tell her.

Yeah the boobs are so sore, that’s a good idea, reluctant to buy anything for a few weeks incase I jinx it 🙈

Morning sickness was horrible and I am really hoping I escape it this time!! No food aversions at the moment. Just feel more hungry than usual.

Mumoftwogirlies Tue 02-Apr-19 11:00:17

Hi all,

I found out on Friday.... I was 5 weeks on Sunday! I have had some bleeding on Sunday so went to A&E who tested my level which was 35.... She told me to do a test yesterday and more blood tomorrow.... Test was positive so from what I can work out, I can't of lost it or my levels would of dropped below 25 in 24 hours so would of appeared as not pregnant? Fingers crossed for tomorrow mornings bloods anyway!!!

Can't help but be excited!! X

trousers62 Tue 02-Apr-19 11:40:49

Hi All,

Got my BFP last week and I was also 5 weeks on Sunday. Already mum to an almost 4 year old with way too much energy and the not being able to talk to anyone about it yet is driving me MAD!

Congrats to you all! smile

Lorna2019 Tue 02-Apr-19 11:48:25

@Bumpingalong84 I peed and I saw. It was a really strong line. I feel so excited but need to try and remain level headed, it's so difficult. I have a 'good feeling' but that means nothing. I just want to have a good feeling!

Ah, how lovely. That is the same age gap as my sister and I. We are very close. She is due an IVF baby in May. So, really hoping all goes to plan as would be lovely to be on Mat leave together. Plus I don't want to be sobbing anything but tears of joy when I meet my niece.

Can we fast forward 8 weeks?

I felt so sick this morning on the way in then my boss took me for breakfast, didn't know how would eat it but after one bite I demolished it.
X

Lorna2019 Tue 02-Apr-19 12:44:49

@Mumoftwogirlies @trousers62 Congratulations! I am 5 weeks this Sunday. smile

Maizie83 Tue 02-Apr-19 13:38:49

Hi all! I am due December 2nd and just over 5 weeks pregnant. Feeling pretty positive about it all. We've probably told way too many people already but we were just so excited. Scared I've jinxed it! No overwhelming symptoms yet, other than feeling mildly hungover most days. Anyone else get this? Today I have cramping in my right pelvic area which comes and goes, worrying me a bit. Boobs bigger but not tingly or sore. First pregnancy so no idea what to expect! Starting to fee a little queasy if I haven't eaten in a while. Wondering if this is all normal. Have a viability scan on Apr 23rd. So nervous!

Bumpingalong84 Tue 02-Apr-19 14:36:43

@Maizie83 I’m in the same boat and have told way too many people and telling my parents this weekend. But I figure if something went wrong my mum is the first person I’d tell anyways.

The queasiness has started today 🤢 it’s very mild but It’s there and it’s making me nervous now!!

Ahh @Lorna2019 I peed on a stick this morning 🙈 the test line was stronger than the control which made me happy. Hahaha the hunger is real.
I am so tempted by an early scan this time.

MindyMoonstone Tue 02-Apr-19 14:55:20

@maizie83 I was exactly the same, symptoms have mostly been cramping & back ache, and the first week I was ravenously hungry all the time... oh and big hard sore boobs! Which I am loving as I am only a b-cup 😂😂😂

The feeling hungover and cramping are both totally normal, so try to just enjoy the lack of worse symptoms for now 😉
I am six weeks today and only had a little nausea so far! But have gone off anything remotely healthy blush lived off McDonald’s and pizza this weekend. Went out for a salad at lunch and ended up with a bacon sandwich!

WannabeCountryBumpkin Tue 02-Apr-19 15:45:54

Hey everyone!!

So happy for you guys!

I also got my BFP a week ago, had a scan last Friday (I have irregular periods and i wanted to check i wasn't 10 weeks!!)
A little black dot appeared on the ultrasound, no yolk sac yet, so she dated it 4-5 weeks. Going got another scan at 7 weeks to confirm viability, fingers crossed!!!!

@maizie83 exactly the same symptoms here! - Just sore boobs and fatigue.... OH THE FATIGUE! find myself eating spoonfuls of honey for an energy booster!! Just waiting for the pending queeziness to appear.

Absolutely desperate to tell people, but don't want to jinx it! non the less me and my husband are really enjoying this special time smile

MrsS7 Tue 02-Apr-19 18:34:02

Hello ladies, very excited to be joining this group, got my BFP on Saturday and am 5 weeks today. First baby!
I’ve had a few symptoms- sore boobs, mild cramps and a tiny bit of nausea. I’m a huge worrier by nature and am trying to not let it overtake everything- my husband is very laid back about it all but I don’t know how I’m going to wait until 12 weeks!

This thread is not accepting new messages.