Talk

Advanced search

PROTEIN IN URINE SHOULD I BE WORRIED

(8 Posts)
Dawn2820 Wed 11-Jul-07 13:36:56

Have you ever had this what was your treatment, did affect your pregnancy????

lulumama Wed 11-Jul-07 13:38:02

in conjunction with raised BP and swelling , then it can indicate pre eclampsia, and you will need to have a careful eye kept on you....if protein is +++ that is more worriesome than + and no other symptoms, IFYSWIM

how many weeks are you?

Dawn2820 Wed 11-Jul-07 13:40:52

i am 23 weeks and 4 days - i really dont know if i should be concerned, i saw my midwife yesterday who picked up the protein but never really gave an explanation as to what it could mean or lead too?!

lulumama Wed 11-Jul-07 13:44:57

if your BP is ok, no swelling, not ++++ protein , no headaches, or visual disturbances, it is unlikely to be anything to be concerend about. if MW was concerned, about pre eclampsia , it would have been brought to your attention

sometimes, if there is a bit of discharge in your wee sample, or something like that, it can show up as protein...but not be anything to wor ry about

call her if you are in need of reassurance.

Princesspowersparkle Wed 11-Jul-07 14:50:42

Hi
I have had + or ++ protein in my urine the whole way through my PG- even the first time they tested. As my BP has stayed the same throughout they are not at all worried. As Lulumama said, if you have a lot of discharge this can show up as a trace of protein in the urine. Providing your MW is happy I wouldn't worry.
XX

Dawn2820 Wed 11-Jul-07 16:46:49

TBH my discharge seems to be getting heavier i am not sure if this is something to be concerned about

Princesspowersparkle Wed 11-Jul-07 17:26:49

I get days at a time with V heavy DC (sorry for TMI) and then it eases off again. May be worth going to the docs to check for an infection? If you've got one they'll give you something to clear it up. Worth getting checked. Especially if its particularly dark/ brown.
x

frances123 Thu 12-Jul-07 15:54:46

So far I have only had 2 appts were I have not had protein in my urine and so far nothing has been wrong or shown cause for concern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now