Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

very late pregnancy - i can't sleep and am gettting desperate

(7 Posts)
miniegg Wed 11-Jul-07 10:45:59

hello everyone
for the last two-three weeks I have been waking up EVERY HOUR all through the night needing the toilet. It is literally every hour, almost on the dot. The baby is due next Tuesday and up till today I've been managing fine but it's really getting to me now. I am completely exhausted and don't understand how I can need the loo that often! the other annoying thing is that i feel quite dehydrated during the night so have to keep sipping water - which just probably adds to the problem.
Will this go away once the baby is born? Is it because the baby's engaging? (a couple of weeks ago i was told the baby was 3/5ths engaged. If it is more engaged does that press on the bladder more?)
At this rate the baby will probably be sleeping better than me!!!
anyone have a similar experience or got any words of encouragement? I feel quite desperate today!

cantseemyfeet Wed 11-Jul-07 10:56:18

Hi Miniegg,

I know exactly how you feel at the moment. It is impossible to get any decent sleep when your bump is in the way, babys feet are constantly poking you and you are up every hour for the loo!! I actually fell asleep on the loo at 2 oclock this morning, its no fun but it will get better once baby is born. Baby has no room to move at the moment so is constantly pressing on your bladder, its really annoying because you feel like you could pee for England, then when you go you have the tiniest trickle!!
Im due in 2 weeks now and ive given up on ever getting sleep again. Try to get a couple of power naps through the day if you can, I have a 2 year old so its pretty hard but you find just 5 minutes perks you up. Good Luck with the baby, I hope he/she arrives on time.

miniegg Wed 11-Jul-07 10:58:11

thanks, glad to know i'm not alone...might try a power nap this afternoon! luckily this is my first so no toddlers to cope with!

wheniamqueen Wed 11-Jul-07 12:16:14

Im having the exact same peoblem! Im just sleeping whenever i can, napping in the day is a def help, i sometimes get better slerep in the day than at night, esp as i then have the bed all to myself!

Emprexia Thu 12-Jul-07 13:31:55

BTDT.. and it sucks, i know.
The only thing i can suggest is that you try to ignore the thirsty feeling and dont drink an hour before bed.. and get as much sleep propped up in the day as you can.

Iklboo Thu 12-Jul-07 13:33:07

I reckon it's nature's way of getting you used to having no blardy sleep once the baby is born!

Tutter Thu 12-Jul-07 13:33:12

oh

sympathy from me

am 38+4 and am exactly the same

last night - countless loo trips, one bad leg cramp attack, and two gaviscon slugs

[yawn]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now