Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Itchy skin on legs

(10 Posts)
bluebell82 Tue 10-Jul-07 21:27:01

Hi I am 11+5 and have had an itchy rash on my legs for a couple of days it feels like my legs are on fire. I also have three spots on the top of my thigh I thought they may have been in-growing lady garden hairs but don't think they are they don't itch though.. I do shave my legs and to be honest I have had to shave them nearly everyday.. also is Sudacream OK to use? Has anyone else experienced this???

bluebell82 Tue 10-Jul-07 21:35:30

bump

mother2b Wed 11-Jul-07 07:51:23

I dont know, maybe ask your midwife next time you see her, or if burning gets too much then see doctor, just thought would bump for you in case somebody else has experienced this!

i have used sudocreme in my pregnancy though, i seem to be so much MORE allergic to nickel at the moment and had to used it on my finger because i got a rash from the white gold ring i have had and worn constantly since i turned 16 (i didnt even realise white gold had nickel in?)so am having to wear it around my neck now

i guess its prob your skin being ultra sensitive at the moment

LoveMyGirls Wed 11-Jul-07 08:00:47

Try some aquareous (sp?) cream or E45. I had a rash from neck to ankle with dd1 for about 6mths of my pg and it drove me demented a few days after i had dd1 i saw a dermatologist (finally!!!!!!!!!!!) who said they didn't know but perhaps i should be treated for scabies (!!) I had already had scabies treatment a few times during the pg'y as had my family and it had no effect, then when dd1 was 1 week old it just disappeared so basically what i'm saying is that it was a hormonal thing and the best thing to do is to go to your doctors and try and cool it down as much as you can.

bluebell82 Wed 11-Jul-07 10:06:50

Thnaks guys I think it might have something do with my hormones as my arms and hands are itching today. Never have problems with my skin, worrying it could be something more sinisiters.. But my skin is quite red and blothcy it is wotrse on the eveings!!1 Nightmare, going for bloods at the doc on Thurs so will ask then

lailasmum Wed 11-Jul-07 10:39:00

If you actually have a rash it could be an allergic reaction to something, maybe anew product or something? My friend did have similar symptoms late in her pregnancy that were baby related but don't sound exactly the same as she didn't have them that early on.

thehairybabysmum Wed 11-Jul-07 10:54:56

I had PUPP at 12 weeks with my last pregnancy...google it fo info and ask your midwife/dr.

I was given piriton and steroid cream to ease the itching as it was so horrendous...(so severe that i was admitted to hopspital as my legs swelled to twice the size with the rash).

Aveeno cream and bath oil are also v. soothing

Mrswizz Wed 11-Jul-07 12:37:48

I got such a bad rash on my legs for the first part of my pregnancy. Dry and mindblowingly itchy. It went in the last couple of weeks, am now 20wks pg. I'm prone to eczema, but this wasn't quite the same. I used loads of cocoa butter and a little Eucerin 5% cream that I used to use for eczema ( although I'm not sure if I should have but I was going insane).

Try not to scratch - I know its nearly impossible. You can get into a real scratching frenzy.

prufrock Fri 13-Jul-07 00:13:20

bluebell - itchy extremities is a symptom of obstetric cholestasis. It is rare to suffer this early in pregnancy, but as I know to my cots it is not unknown for it to present this early. Ask your doctor to do LFT's (Liver function tests) and bile acids,a nd continue to ask for the every few weeks if you continue to itch. Don't worry unduly, as whilst OC is horrible, it;s not dangerous for the baby until 36 weeks or later, by which time you will be diagnosed and managed if your LFT's show any abnormality

LizzieO Tue 17-Jul-07 17:46:40

Hi there

i'm now 23 weeks but from about 19 weeks inI have been having bouts of extreme itchiness in my pubic area. Obviously paranoid about having something proper nasty, but the skin looked absolutely fine. Went to see GP who said it was probably hormonal, and that being pregnant can make your skin more sensitive, my eczema (sorry for spelling) has also flared up. Anyhoo i have been absolutely smothering the area with a combination of Aqeaous cream and E45 itch relief cream which seem to have done the trick......for now anyway

Give it a whirl, and hope you get better soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: