Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

well, honestly...! so much for being large for dates [relieved]

(5 Posts)
TutterJane Tue 10-Jul-07 17:23:47

after being seen several times at my hospital for suspected 'large for dates' (all scans suggesting the same - baby big; on the 97th centile) today i paid for a private scan

(coincidentally with the top obstetrician at my hospital - although it's not his care i'm under)

anyway, his view is that i'm having a perfactly average sized baby. head a bit big, but nothing untoward. he anticipates me having a norml labour and delivery, and has removed me from the 'under consultant care' list and discharged me back to community mw care

so, precisely why have i been fannying around at the hospital for the last few weeks....?

saw he put 2/5 palpable in notes which i guess is good news...

Princesspowersparkle Tue 10-Jul-07 17:31:34

Ahhh tutter thats good news! A couple of people I know have been told this only to have an average sized baby. Those scans can be up to 25% out!
x

MrsBadger Tue 10-Jul-07 17:35:40

hurrah!

(I got my 'Sod off back to your MW, you aren't that special, you know' four weeks ago and it felt marvellous so am glad you have one too)

TutterJane Tue 10-Jul-07 17:43:50

never felt so good to be deemed unspecial eh mrsbee?

Miaou Tue 10-Jul-07 20:53:46

Oh phew for you Tutter! I've just had a "sod off, you're normal" appointment with my consultant today (iron levels) and I tell you, I walked out on air

And well done, you're 3/5 engaged, beats me, I'm only 2/5 engaged ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: