Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ok, more name help required!!

(5 Posts)
horseymum Tue 10-Jul-07 13:44:48

never post here much, just lurk but anyway, starting to get a bit desperate as baby due in 10 days and still not decided, want to avoid 1 week delay in naming like SIL!

so far top girls names
Esther, Rhona, Eilidh (said ayley, it's gaelic and we live in scotland so it won't be a problem!)and Daisy (although new neice is Jasmine so flower theme a bit much maybe?)
middle name will probably be Grace as would be instant first choice if best friend didn't have one already!

boys names trickier as had pretty much decided on Fergus but friend just had one yesterday so scupperered that!
other choices
Joshua, Elijah, Caleb, Angus

i really like lots of names beginning with J but ds1 is Joseph so not sure if that is 'too much', also surname starts with K so I think Caleb would sound funny.

Any other boy's suggestions?

NAB3 Tue 10-Jul-07 13:51:07

My choices are Daisy Grace and Elijah James.

I would advice against another child with a name starting with J just because of postal problems.

MrsBadger Tue 10-Jul-07 13:59:52

From your list I'd avoid Daisy (insufficient gravitas once she is a lawyer / chairman of the board etc) and Eilidh (too hard if she ever leaves Scotland) and prefer Esther to Rhona though both are nice. Grace is lovely for a middle name.

Also agree re avoiding two Js and Caleb so would plump for Angus which is way cool.

berolina Tue 10-Jul-07 14:02:33

Angus is lovely. From the girls' names I like Esther (very pretty and unusual) and Daisy best.

funnypeculiar Tue 10-Jul-07 14:04:30

I knew an Eilidh (who was scottish but lived in Britain) who spelt hers Ayleigh - much easier for English speakers to understand (same for an Ayrlie, which I also really like) I love it! I'd avoid Daisy for same reason as MrsB
Don't think it matters much if middle names are the same, unless your mate would object?
Love Angus - Joshua a bit 'done' - round here at least...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now