Talk

Advanced search

Babies heart rate help please.

(8 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 08-Jul-07 11:46:59

Hi all

I have asked this on another board but thought someone here might be able to help.

I went into materity unit the other day as i had started to lose a little water (i did this in my last pregnancy), and they hooke dme to a monitor for a while to check LO. Her heart rate was going pretty quick, at one point it was 207 but rarely it dropped below 165. The doc said it was very high and went off to talk to consultant, who said, because my heart rate is high, babys would be too (mine runs between 110-120 when resting). I guess im worried how long her little heart could withstand goingt hat speed and what is the likely hood they will make me deliver early? My DD was born by EC due to heart rate being too high.

Has anyone else had this problem??

L

lilymolly Sun 08-Jul-07 13:05:50

babies do have a high heart rate, much higher than adults. The night I was induced dd heart rate was aorund 180 and she was squirming around, and they got the doctor to check but all was ok. However if your other dd had the same problem, then maybe you need to get this checked by midwife/doctor?

Not much help I am sure, but i guess if the hospital where worried they would have told you. When are you due?

lisad123 Sun 08-Jul-07 14:54:50

the doc i saw at materity unit said it was worrying it was high and they may have to put me back on monitor. However when she spoke to her boss, he said to come home. Im 28 weeks at the mo.
lisa

lilymolly Sun 08-Jul-07 16:10:16

can't really help I am afraid. Check with mw/mat ward tomorrow.

Let me know

lisad123 Sun 08-Jul-07 16:57:31

It was the mat unit that saw me, and im due to see consultant on weds, think he would best to talk too, but cant stop worrying
L

suezee Sun 08-Jul-07 17:04:04

i didnt actually have this prob in my pregnancy, but i did when i was in labour with her.I was induced and the induction drug mage her heartbeat go really fast and then really slow.it was quite frightening but i had every faith in the midwives and the doctors.im sure that they would have done something if they where really worried.If you are fretting over it then i would ring up the ante natal clinic and see if someone can see you , or even the maternity ward,they will ask you to go down and have a check over to make sure eveerythings fine

reikizen Sun 08-Jul-07 17:32:54

I'd ring labour ward if you are really worried as they will have a midwife to speak to you 24 hours, they may just put your mind at rest.

lisad123 Sun 08-Jul-07 17:38:39

i just think they are busy enough and as someone said if they were wrorried they would have kept me in. I will talk to consultant on wds and just keep an eye on her movements.
Thanks for listening to me rambling on, will update after weds.
L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now