Talk

Advanced search

Ureaplasma

(2 Posts)
sunshinegirl12 Mon 04-Mar-19 12:26:38

I tested positive for ureaplasma nearly 2 years ago now and took a long course of antibiotics for it (tested with IVF clinic in Greece), although never re-tested to check I was clear. I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant but have been scaring myself reading up about this, it seems that a lot of people carry this bacteria and it isn’t usually seen as a problem, but some websites say it can be a problem in pregnancy. I don’t think the NHS will even test for it though. But on the other hand it seems like a lot of women in America get checked routinely for this as it is known to cause miscarriage/pre-term birth, although can be very hard to treat properly and often reoccurs. Has anyone else tested positive for this?

I guess I would have to get checked out privately for this, I’ve seen a couple of places where I can just send in a sample. I think my concerns would most likely be dismissed by my GP/midwife as they aren’t overly helpful wtih anything.

NS05 Tue 03-Dec-19 16:13:59

So sorry as I know this is an old post but were you ok? I've just been diagnosed with this and am 5 weeks with my first ivf baby worrying myself sick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »