Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting pregnant whilst breastfeeding - when would a test be postive?

(7 Posts)
appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 19:54:43

If I were to be pregnant whilst still breastfeeding how long would it take for a pregnancy test to show positive? AF hasn't restarted yet so haven't a clue if/when I might have ovulated. Should I just leave it 4 or 5 weeks and test then? (Unless it's like last time when the total exhaustion and morning sickness kind of gave me a hint )

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 19:56:45

Officially it is seventeen days after your last exposure to sperm.

Good luck!

appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 20:01:44

Thank you Monicker, I knew someone on here would have the answer!

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 20:04:42

I only know because I asked a month ago because I'm in the same boat. But I had flu

appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 20:08:44

I've missed a pill so we'll have to wait and see. We weren't planning another baby so soon (DS is not quite 4 months!) but if that's the way it is then that's OK. Good luck to you.

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 20:13:51

Well it's unlikely at four months your periods would have come back anyway so I wouldn't worry too much). DD is nearly nine months and I haven't had a period now for.....ooooh 19 months (hurrah).

However I am ovulating!

mummytosteven Sat 07-Jul-07 20:15:13

Assuming you were ovulating round the time you had sex, I would expect a test to show by 3 weeks after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now