Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Getting pregnant whilst breastfeeding - when would a test be postive?

(7 Posts)
appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 19:54:43

If I were to be pregnant whilst still breastfeeding how long would it take for a pregnancy test to show positive? AF hasn't restarted yet so haven't a clue if/when I might have ovulated. Should I just leave it 4 or 5 weeks and test then? (Unless it's like last time when the total exhaustion and morning sickness kind of gave me a hint )

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 19:56:45

Officially it is seventeen days after your last exposure to sperm.

Good luck!

appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 20:01:44

Thank you Monicker, I knew someone on here would have the answer!

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 20:04:42

I only know because I asked a month ago because I'm in the same boat. But I had flu

appledumpling Sat 07-Jul-07 20:08:44

I've missed a pill so we'll have to wait and see. We weren't planning another baby so soon (DS is not quite 4 months!) but if that's the way it is then that's OK. Good luck to you.

monicker Sat 07-Jul-07 20:13:51

Well it's unlikely at four months your periods would have come back anyway so I wouldn't worry too much). DD is nearly nine months and I haven't had a period now for.....ooooh 19 months (hurrah).

However I am ovulating!

mummytosteven Sat 07-Jul-07 20:15:13

Assuming you were ovulating round the time you had sex, I would expect a test to show by 3 weeks after.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: