Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me or do you think that pregnancy turns you into a bit of a hypochondriac?

(13 Posts)
mother2b Thu 05-Jul-07 09:18:01

i just worry about everything and am so aware of what my body's doing - DP told me im turning into a hypochondriac

surely its natuaral to worry more when you are responsible for another body inside you?

Tortington Thu 05-Jul-07 09:18:56

no its you.

i hear it alkso makes you paranoid.

Mossy Thu 05-Jul-07 09:20:04

I think it's perfectly natural. I worried when I had really bad morning sickness. Then it stopped for a few days and I worried even more. Then it came back and I worried that it was very late to have morning sickness.

Then I worried that I was stressing too mucn and it would be bad for the baby.

Have you joined an ante-natal club? I found it really, really reassuring to "chat" to other women at the same stage as me; I realised a lot of the stuff I worried about was just normal.

mother2b Thu 05-Jul-07 09:47:47

i tried but i got ignored due in dec

RGPargy Thu 05-Jul-07 10:16:00

mother2be - go and say hello again and just join in the conversations. They cant really talk to you much if you're sat in the corner looking sheepish, IYSWIM.

Mossy Thu 05-Jul-07 10:44:08

Mother2b, as RGPargy says, I think sometimes you have to "push in" a bit on MN. Also sometimes on the antenatal threads the conversations move so quickly that a quick "hello" disappears in all the other messages.

I would go back and say hi; I certainly found the March thread of great help (and also lurk on the April thread too, as I was due in march but ds was born in April)!!

07mumstheword Sat 07-Jul-07 21:25:13

It's not just you, I worry too, every ache or twinge i wonder if it's "normal"

BeachBunni Sat 07-Jul-07 23:42:39

Hi mother2be. I'm on the dec thread too. Think it's easy to feel ignored as that thread moves so fast. This is your first isn't it? Me as well.

Definately think it's natural to worry about everything that's going on inside you as it's such a huge change that's going on. I've heard you get more relaxed about it the more babies you have. I've been having a few sleepless nights the closer I'm getting to my 20 wk scan. Dp's answer to every niggle or worry I have is 'it's natural, well you are pregnant'. It's so different for them. They don't have the whole amazing feeling of I'm growing a baby or feeling it move but on the flip side they don't feel the burden of responsibilty it brings.

Twinklemegan Sun 08-Jul-07 00:12:38

I think it's natural because you've got two of you to worry about. Being responsible for another life is very daunting.

suezee Sun 08-Jul-07 03:14:59

im not even joking but when i was preggers with my children i knew the midwives by names , i was there all the time because i was just paranoid that something was going to go wrong, i even bought a thing that i strapped to my bump so i could hear my babys heartbeat.anyway good luck with the pregnancy and try to enjoy it as much as possible

suezee Sun 08-Jul-07 03:15:06

im not even joking but when i was preggers with my children i knew the midwives by names , i was there all the time because i was just paranoid that something was going to go wrong, i even bought a thing that i strapped to my bump so i could hear my babys heartbeat.anyway good luck with the pregnancy and try to enjoy it as much as possible

Princesspowersparkle Sun 08-Jul-07 04:06:19

Its easy to be paranoid in pregnancy. Theres so many changes that go on in your body, and everyone tells you to be aware of things that as soon as something is different you panic. My DH had to ban me from googling 'symptoms' around week 20 because I was getting in such a state- they only ever come up with horror stories!! I have to admit after I did stop I ended up being so much more relaxed about things.
Its definitely not just you- I imagine its 99% of all pregnant women!
X

Uki Sun 08-Jul-07 05:23:49

Hi mother2be

I like your thread totally agree, I became paranoid before birth after trouble TTC and then miscarriages, so I'm pregnant now for the second time and still paranoid.
I think it is natural and partly because we now know so much more, our mother's had no where near the testing and info we have!!!

i think it can be a good thing in some ways as it forces yourself to listen and look after yourself. I have to admit I get even worse in late pg, have just had the flu and that and being 36 weeks has made me feel like i'm dying LOL, nearly went to the hospital twice, but dh thought i was nuts and after i got my temperature down i did feel better.
I find the book "What to expect when your expecting" really good as it answers all your concerns/questions.
Also agree with others go back to ante-natal thread even if you just lurk and put in the od comment, at least you can see whtat's normal at your stage and also the thread will become a great help after baby, when your worrying about them

GOOD LUCK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now