Talk

Advanced search

Natural Products for babies

(6 Posts)
alfie0178 Wed 04-Jul-07 10:43:17

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on natural products that I could use rather than the conventional mass market products. I remember my granny talking about using so many kitchen cupboard ingredients for babies and self. Handy hints and tips appreciated. Thanks

mother2b Wed 04-Jul-07 11:07:17

i would be interested in this too

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 11:22:16

well, to start with tiny babies don't need anything at all except plain water and cotton wool or flannels, and maybe olive or grapseed oil if you do massage.

geekInPigtails Wed 04-Jul-07 13:44:02

I found this the other day, which has a few recipes that I intend to try out when the LO i'm brewing arrives:
Article on www.thenappylady.co.uk

geekInPigtails Wed 04-Jul-07 13:50:42

Oh, and if making your own wipe solution and pouring it over cloths sounds a bit fiddly when you're out, purplepants suggested putting some in a little spray bottle (you can get them from boots/superdrug) to make dispensing easier.

hippopowell Wed 04-Jul-07 18:18:25

hi,
i use cloth wipes & water for nappy changes & Organic babies lavender baby wash for bath time & weleda nappy change cream only occasionaly. They don't have anything nasty in them. really don't need anything other than water when they are little, they don't do anything to get dirty as such.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now