Talk

Advanced search

VIDEO: Your Questions, Answered. A Midwife Answers Mumsnet's Questions

(2 Posts)
JoshMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Feb-19 15:47:26

Thanks so much for the questions in our Ask A Midwife Anything thread here - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3492470-Your-Chance-to-Ask-a-Midwife-Anything?noti=1#84688741

All the answers are in the video at the top of the page (using the Talk app? You can view the video here)

We got some great questions and Clare answered as many as she could. Sorry if we didn't get get to yours - we easily could have made this video an hour long.

Did you find this helpful? Is this something you would like us to do again with Clare or any other pregnancy professional? Do let us know below.

Scally14 Wed 06-Feb-19 22:11:53

So, I went to see the consultant earlier in the week because of my advantaged maternal age - 42. I was extremely disappointed to be told that they would induce me at 39 weeks and I would have to have the baby in the delivery suite. Neither of which I was planning on. This is my second pregnancy, my DD was born naturally at 41 weeks after an uneventful pregnancy. I have been told that my current pregnancy is going according to plan and my 20’wk scan was all within normal ranges. Can I not wait until findings of 30 and 36 week scans before having to agree to induction at 39 weeks? Obviously I not want to jeopardise baby and I understand there are greater risks at my age but don’t I get a choice in this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »