Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boy or Girl - Share your old wives tales here!!!!!

(10 Posts)
PBirdy Tue 03-Jul-07 11:00:49

I have been feeling like eating cake and feel like chocolate after dinner - my friend says I am expecting a girl.

I have noticed a snail's trail of hair on my belly that has grown thicker over the past few months - another friend says this means I am having a boy.

I don't want the doctor to tell me, I really really want it to be a suprise but it is funny guessing.

Share your old wives tales here....

laksa Tue 03-Jul-07 11:08:06

my electrician turned up the other day and said 'oh you are carrying very high, it must be a girl' and according to the scan it is

It was a little disconcerting as you don't expect that from a young man...if he had been a granny in the supermarket then I would have understood

pucca Tue 03-Jul-07 11:12:05

The only difference i noted about my pregnancies being different ( i have 1 boy and 1 girl) is that dd was quite relaxed when she was inside, nice gentle movements.

Ds when he moved used to make me wince and jump , very very strong movements from early on, very very active.

Dd was active don't get me wrong but gentler if that makes sense.

My bump was the same shape with both, i was just bigger with ds.

LennyLapin Tue 03-Jul-07 11:13:08

Carried all on my front - everyone said "ooh, a boy" - and he was.

My sister was exactly the same... and she had a girl!

midnightexpress Tue 03-Jul-07 11:26:52

I ate cake and choc throughout both pgs and have 2 ds!

There's the ring thing - silver ring on a string held over the bump. To and fro means it's a boy, round and round means its a girl (I think). It was right for me with ds1, but didn't try it with ds2. I just knew!

gingeme Tue 03-Jul-07 11:32:21

4 boys 4 totaly different. First one carried high so everyone said it would be a girl.
Second carried real low ooh your carrying another boy. Third very in front and quite pointy. Oh its a girl this time. Number four again very low and again another boy. Preg again and realy realy fancying sweet stuff loads. OOh this could be your girl!! Aaaaaggghhhhh..............

Princesspowersparkle Tue 03-Jul-07 11:44:12

Apparently- HB lower than 140 is a boy, higher than 140 is a girl. Mines been 150- 160 the whole way through and at my last MW appt the MW even said she thought it was a girl. I have a 'feeling' thought that its a boy.
Will hopefully find out in the next couple of weeks (Prayer- please don't go over, please don't go over!!)
PPS (37+4)
x

PBirdy Tue 03-Jul-07 12:33:10

Another one that I have been told is that if you have morning sickness it is a girl and if you dont it is a boy? Is that right? That does not seem to have been right for a few of my friends (who have had MS and had boys)

Moorhen Tue 03-Jul-07 15:30:39

I didn`t have any morning sickness and have carried completely in front which everyone says are signs of a boy... and that`s what I'm having.

Mind you, my midwife swore blind she was hearing a girl`s heartbeat!

sweetkitty Tue 03-Jul-07 15:35:16

Put weight on all over with DD1 and DD2 was a walking bump on legs no weight anywhere else.

Went off food and craved sour things like Lmon juice and sour sweets with both though.

Don't agree with the carryong out front all around theory depends who you talk to and what version they have. How can a tiny willy or lack of determine how much weight you put on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now