Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy rash on bump/useless midwife

(4 Posts)
hayley2u Mon 02-Jul-07 16:07:54

i went with a list of things to m midwife one was my legs were swelling but excessivly. she just said it happens i know it happens but they go huge. now i went with a rash on mybump it loks horrible and feels horrid but again she done se to hae nterest lastley she lay me down to feel baby to say well i dont know which way its lying but its in there. thanks genius feeling very let down. does anyone else feel like tgis

MrsBadger Mon 02-Jul-07 16:16:37

Unfortunately all these things are pretty normal, and there isn't a great deal she can do.

Rest with your feet up if you can to avoid the swelling.
Use something bland and soothing like aqueous cream on the rash.

How many weeks are you? Babies move around till quite late in pregnancy so if you're less than 34wks or so there's no advatnage in knowing which way up it is.

My midwife is also, er, brusque, shall we say, but they do a tough job and no-one says you have to like them for them to do it properly.

chopster Mon 02-Jul-07 16:20:22

my legs looked like they belonged on an elephant by the end of my last pregnancy. It is awful, but perfectly normal so try not to worry and get some rest. Try relaxing in a nice soothing bath, that was the only thing that helped me with the itching.

LackingNicknameInspiration Mon 02-Jul-07 16:29:09

Hi Hayley2u

You poor thing, annoying enough to be suffering without that sort of response!

Re the itching, I've been suffering from quite bad eczema since I've been pregnant (it's my first, and I've had eczema since I was a child but it has gone ballistic!). Aqueous cream is good, and there's a new one I've become rather fond of called eumobase, which helps with the itching, but different things tend to work for different people - I also find the body shop body butter great.

The other thing that might help is a bath oil such as balneum (or ask the chemist to recommend one with an anti-itch effect) as that soothes the itching - puts loads in(not too hot) and then soak for 10 mins - always works for me.

Makes the bath a bit treacherous afterwards though, so you might want to warn anyone else in the vicinity!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now