Talk

Advanced search

Boots 'mum to be' Vit. supplement with ginger-anyone tried/taking re. morning sickness?

(5 Posts)
rascals Sun 01-Jul-07 08:14:40

Hi,
Don't know how new on market this multi vit. is -Boots mum to be'breakthrough formula'with folic acid,might have been around for a while.
But was wondering has anyone tried it or taking it & felt it helped their morning sickness?It has 50mg ginger extract in it(equiv.1000mg ginger roor)& says on box the ginger element is to calm & soothe the stomach.
It is quite expensive but don't mind paying if it does help sickness
Anyone taking/tried & noticed a difference?

lillypie Sun 01-Jul-07 08:44:59

hi don't know about this supplement but i definitely found ginger helpful for morning sickness
especially ginger beer

conkertree Tue 03-Jul-07 09:33:51

I am not a fan I'm afraid - i tried it for the same reason and then had this funny taste in my mouth not long after taking it - only realised once i took a different multivitamin that it must have been the ginger - it made my kind of burp a bit - sorry if tmi - and the funny taste came then and usually made me feel sicker.

i really like ginger normally - so next time i would take a multivitamin and then a different form of ginger on the side when i felt sick.

MrsBadger Tue 03-Jul-07 09:38:22

I found ginger worked better if I could taste it rather than taking it in tablet form.

My morning sickness was worst in Jan / Feb and the Bottlegreen ginger and lemongrass cordial made up with hot water and a teaspoon of honey was fantastic, but the thing that really worked was snacking like a demon (rich tea finger or boiled sweet every 20min) as I felt fine when I was actually eating.

PBirdy Tue 03-Jul-07 10:33:50

I take those Boots Mum to BE multi-vitamins. I must admit that it wasn't the ginger component that attracted me to them. I still got morning sickness. I only threw up a handful of times - maybe 5 or 6 - but I had about 2 weeks where I was just constantly nauseous. I still get a bit of nausea every now and then and a bit of dry retching in the morning. I am 14 1/2 weeks - so only just in the 2nd trimester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now