Talk

Advanced search

Was this the baby moving for the first time?

(13 Posts)
MeredithGrey1 Fri 18-Jan-19 14:54:32

I'm 17+6 weeks pregnant with my first, so not really sure what I'm expecting to feel. Also I found out last week I have an anterior placenta.
Earlier this morning I was sitting in a meeting and felt something in my abdomen, low down, in the region of the little bump I have. It felt like a bubble popping in my abdomen, and then a few more, then nothing. It really didn't feel like gas or just digestive stuff, but I guess I have this idea from tv/film that when the baby first moves, you just know that's what it is (I know this is silly).
I know no one can say for sure, but does this sound like it was the baby, or with an anterior placenta, and first pregnancy, does 17+6 sound a bit too early maybe?

xJune88 Fri 18-Jan-19 14:56:05

Sounds like it! I'm currently 24 weeks and my first few weeks felt like little bubbles popping as you feel it more often it will be confirmed. Best feeling ever. Congratulations xx

ILoveMaxiBondi Fri 18-Jan-19 14:57:16

Yes it sounds like baby movements. It won’t be the first time your baby has moved though, just the first time you were able to feel it. It’s a lovely feeling. I really missed it after I had my babies.

Kylieemilyj Fri 18-Jan-19 14:57:26

Agree with June (also 24 weeks too) it sounds like your little baby. I was exactly the same oh is it Isn't it? But now he doesn't stay still 😂

RapunzelsRealMom Fri 18-Jan-19 14:57:51

I'm sure that's it! I described my first movements exactly the same way - like bubbles popping. They'll get stronger over the next few weeks and you won't mistake them. How exciting!

DramaAlpaca Fri 18-Jan-19 14:58:49

It sounds like it! How lovely. My DC1 is now grown up & I can still remember the first time I felt him move in utero. It's very special.

Roomba Fri 18-Jan-19 14:59:22

Yep, that's exactly what it felt like for me. Like a little bubble popping inside me. Then it kept happening in the same place, then got stronger over the next couple of weeks until it was unmistakable!

Pastaagain78 Fri 18-Jan-19 15:01:20

That would be it!

MerryMarigold Fri 18-Jan-19 15:03:21

Awww...My first felt like I had a mobile phone vibrating up my vag (not told him that! He's 13 now).

MeredithGrey1 Fri 18-Jan-19 15:06:06

Ooh yay, thanks! Now I can tell DP, didn't want to get him all excited before when I wasn't sure.

NoParticularPattern Fri 18-Jan-19 15:06:29

Sounds like it! I liken the first movements I felt to being a bit like a muscle twitch. Just enough for you to go “ooh was that baby? Maybe I just have wind?” And then it gets stronger and stronger over the weeks until you end up with feet tickling your ribs!

CollyWombles Fri 18-Jan-19 15:10:42

I'm 18 weeks + 1 with my 5th OP and have been feeling baby for around a week now. Little bubbles popping is definitely the first movements and they start to get stronger! My baby boy moves around a lot late evening and usually around lunchtime in the day.

Heyha Fri 18-Jan-19 20:05:01

I felt it like a twitchy eye muscle but in places I didn't realise I had muscles! Not every day to begin with and still random now, was usually in the evening but has changed to the morning lately. Would love to be able to see what's going on in there!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »