Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy hands (a bit yuck)

(3 Posts)
toadstool Fri 29-Jun-07 21:46:04

I'm a tad worried as you're supposed to get advice about itching in PG, right? My mws are very busy so I'm wary of ringing them about this. OK, I first got diagnosed with athlete's foot on my foot, then it spread to both hands, and a second GP (same practice) now reckons it is pompholyx eczema, i.e. a sweat- and stress-related problem more common in women... But nothing to do with being PG. I don't think it's obstretric cholestasis (sorry if spelling bad), as I have a rash with the itching - little blisters/pustules that have dried to become patches of beige scaly skin. But obviously I'm worrying. No chance of reducing stress btw - it's a life changes period. Anyone got any advice?

PrettyCandles Fri 29-Jun-07 21:55:07

No real advice (though plenty of sympathy), but have you tried pure aloe vera gel? It's wonderful for all sorts of skin conditions, and quite harmless. You can put it on your skin and aslo eat it (though check wither the same product is edible).

My mum had something similar many years ago. I don't know whether it was the same thing, but she was sdavised to avoid tomatoes, peppers, aubergines and ptoatoes until it had cleared up, and then continue to avoid them if it flared up again. The diet change did have an effect.

If you have hard water, then bathing in oats might sooth it.

toadstool Fri 29-Jun-07 22:01:22

Darn, I'm craving tomatoes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now