Talk

Advanced search

Best pregnancy pillow that isn't massive?

(10 Posts)
TakingtheLeap Sat 12-Jan-19 04:26:17

Hi all! I'm currently 17 weeks, pretty round (blush) and suffering from back pain and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a pregnancy pillow that doesn't take up half the bed?

A friend has lent me a big pregnancy pillow which basically goes all the way round me, and I'm so grateful because it does help me sleep more comfortably, but I do really miss being able to cuddle up a bit more to DH! And so don't end up using it all the time. I'm also going to be heavily pregnant at the start of summer so am worrying that the big pillow might be oppressively hot.

Any recommendations? If possible I'd like something with a bit of back support as I'm finding it hard not to roll onto my back - which I know isn't terrible at this stage but I'm trying to get into practice and it does also make my back hurt more.

snoopy18 Sat 12-Jan-19 05:09:34

Following. I’ve got one at the moment but at 30 weeks it’s not helping much at all to be honest. Was helpful at first.

Creas35 Sat 12-Jan-19 05:17:34

I have the dream genii it’s used as a feeding support pillow after as well so not just wasted after pregnancy. It’s not bulky at all

Leafy2018 Sat 12-Jan-19 05:45:12

Honestly, if money is not a problem then the BBHugMe is fantastic. I was unsure as it is expensive but it has been worth every penny. You can adjust the firmness so you can make it very squashy and therefore it doesn't seem as big in the bed iyswim. I am 36 weeks now and really feel as though I've got my money's worth - I use it all over the house. Not just in bed. Bent behind me to watch television on the sofa, bent round me at the dinner table if I'm achy, bent behind me to sit up in bed, over my birthing ball and lean on it - and I'll use it for feeding. It just makes everything more comfortable. No complaints from dh about it being too big in the bed either. I got the sand colour as it went in our bedroom and was cheaper as it's being discontinued. It actually looks quite nice across our pillows when I make the bed. Best thing I've bought in pregnancy.

TakingtheLeap Sun 13-Jan-19 22:02:46

Thanks all for the advice! I've taken the plunge and ordered the bbhugme. I've been finding it hard to get comfy sitting on sofa in evenings too so if it can help with that too it would be amazing.

Looking forward to trying it out! Gosh pregnancy is hard work sometimes. blush

TokenGinger Sun 13-Jan-19 22:23:25

I have the big one but I don't wrap it around me. I have just one side up on the bed and the other half on the floor so it supports me on one side. There's not enough room for me and the pillow and DP in bed but a smaller one just doesn't cut it.

Leafy2018 Mon 14-Jan-19 08:46:47

@TakingtheLeap I'm sure you won't regret it. Please update and let me know what you think! smile

TakingtheLeap Wed 23-Jan-19 17:11:54

@Leafy2018 I am writing this whilst wrapped around my BBHugMe! (Have had a literal duvet day as I woke up feeling rotten and apparently my blood pressure is through the floor...) I am a complete and utter convert - thanks so much for the encouragement! Like you I have been using it all around the house - it's so nice to be able to relax to on the sofa without pain!!

pandechocolate Wed 23-Jan-19 18:34:22

I have one of the 12ft ones, I think like yours. I tried a few nights with a smaller one, so I could cuddle DH again. I love my DH, but the back ache the next day was not worth it.

Leafy2018 Thu 24-Jan-19 11:18:51

@TakingtheLeap I'm so pleased to hear it's a success! It's a lot of money but the best thing I've bought in pregnancy. I've also found I can sleep propped up on it when I've got heartburn. Hoping I'll be using it for breastfeeding in the next few weeks! Hope your blood pressure improves. The joys!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »