Talk

Advanced search

Anyone from Greece? [smile]

(18 Posts)
Popi70 Thu 28-Jun-07 20:22:13

Am I the only pregnant Greek in this forum AND terribly missing her holidays on the islands?

Furball Thu 28-Jun-07 20:27:39

Polylogos is in Greece and Beetroots brother lives there. I used to live on Rhodes 10-15 years ago. Still crave it, haven't been over there since ds was born 6 years ago. I do have a pot of fage tsatziki in the fridge at the moment which I love, not only the taste but the memory of the taste IYSWIM. Where abouts are you?

Popi70 Thu 28-Jun-07 21:05:38

Born in Athens but my family is from Paros, that's where they are right now escaping the heatwave of the capital. Never been to Rhodes though. Now I am in Oxford - couldn't be furthest from the sea

sarahhal Thu 28-Jun-07 21:11:32

Just thought I'd wave to you all as I always wonder if my friend who lives in Greece has ever taken my advice and found MN!

I taught English in Larisa in Greece for a couple of years - absolutely love Greece and can't wait to take the DSes! Popi - had some fab times on Paros

Oooh furball, agree that the fage tsatziki and feta cheese is yummy!

Chelseamum Thu 28-Jun-07 21:12:29

love Mykonos and the sunsets in Paradise Beach....

Chelseamum Thu 28-Jun-07 21:13:33

and Santorini.....

the best times of my life always in Greece!

sarahhal Thu 28-Jun-07 21:14:43

Chelseasmum, is Paradise Beach where there's a campsite and a bar on the beach full of far too beautiful people??

Chelseamum Thu 28-Jun-07 21:17:03

yup!

the beach is great in the morning until midday when all the youngsters wake up and the music start to pump....then we get the little boat to Plati Yalos....with all the families...

sarahhal Thu 28-Jun-07 21:23:10

Oh all this talk of Greece makes me so want a holiday. It also brings back yukky thoughts of a Greek boyfriend I had. He was a harbour master( or a port policeman he used to call himself!!) and he thought he was God's gift when in fact he was a 5ft little jumped up prat!!! And the tears I shed over him

BeatrootandBenedick Thu 28-Jun-07 21:26:22

My brother phoned my about the heat wave - he is in the mountains so it is perfect weather there.

Naxos is my all time favourite island - I still dream of Prokopious.

kali spera!

Popi70 Thu 28-Jun-07 22:54:11

Kalispera to you all and efharisto very much for making me feel a bit less homesick. Sarahhal, I know this type of greek man very well so i left and married a brit.
chelseamum, mykonos always reminds me of that blur song, 'boys and girls'.
beetroot, naxos is a nice one to escape to for some quiet time
OK, back to the business of being pregnant again.

PollyLogos Fri 29-Jun-07 06:54:27

Kalimera Popi! I am in Athens as mentioned below. You are lucky not to be here at the moment - although the temps were a bit better yesterday. Today i woke up because the room was smelling of smoke from the fires on Parnitha.

My daughter was in Paros last week with the frontsitirio, and had a great time. next year you'll be able to take your baby there and have a wonderful time!I also have friends (another english/greek couple) who have some holiday appartments in Paros. I myself was there years ago - 1986. Very happy memories.

Don't get me started on greek men

When is your baby due? Is it your first? Will your mum be able to come over and help you?

Hope to speak to you soon!

PollyLogos Fri 29-Jun-07 06:59:41

I know you are not in London but thought you might be interested in this group who posted on mumsnet ages ago [http://www.greekmums.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

PollyLogos Fri 29-Jun-07 07:00:12

http://www.greekmums.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Popi70 Fri 29-Jun-07 14:31:01

Pollylogos,

yesterday i turned on the greek sat for the news and turned it off again. I just could not watch greece burning again from north to south.

My baby is due around the new year but probably will be induced in early december. of course my mum is coming over for an unspecified period and she'll probably take over.

thanks for the website and info I'll follow it up.

take care

PollyLogos Fri 29-Jun-07 14:39:42

Yes it does seem like the whole country is on fire at the moment. Same story every year though isn't it? I only think it's worse now because with the extreme heat we have been having everything is bone dry. Also it was windy yesterday. What I call hairdryer wind!

Chelseamum Sat 30-Jun-07 22:32:16

hey girls,

pissing down in London for the last month...

so sad to hear that there are lots of fires... it seems that every year is the same in all the mediterranean countries....

I like Mykonos... but i am not a very party party girl... you can have a very relaxing time also in this beautiful island.....

gosh, so missing it at the moment....

NikkiBFG Sat 30-Jun-07 22:44:46

Popi!

I am not Greek but Yia Sou? One of my really close friends is Greek -from Lesvos....just moved back there and am missing her loads!

Had to say hello!

<Nikki thinks nostagalically of Dolmades and Keftedes....> mmmm!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now