Talk

Advanced search

Just want to give birth now - blah!

(240 Posts)
m4rdybum Fri 04-Jan-19 08:26:07

39 weeks today and I'm so ready to have this baby now.

I've been quite lucky in that I've had an easy enough pregnancy (morning sickness manageable, if a bit pants; no aches and pains until about 30 weeks etc.) so thank my lucky stars for that, but these past couple of weeks, I'm just done.

Can't remember the last good night's sleep I had, hips hurt so much. Turning over in bed requires the same effort as moving a small family of hippos, and my back frequently feels like it's breaking.

I've had no noticeable signs of labour starting any time soon, which is getting to me, as my induction date at 41 weeks looms ever closer for a predicted 9.9lb baby.

And now the festive period is over, I'm bored on my maternity leave. Everything is done in the house and I am forcing myself out and about so I don't just sit and eat. Plus, I have a DH (who is lovely btw) whose clearly having a moment of 'holy shit, I'm having in baby in 2 weeks or less' and a MIL (who is equally lovely) who won't let me so much as pick up a feather.

Sorry for the rant- there's no point to it. And breathe.

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 08:31:33

41+1 here with baby number 3 and losing the will, frankly. I’m the most pregnant I’ve ever been (my others came at 40+6 and 40+2). I’m not bored as I’ve got my 5 and 3 year olds to look after but I’m so exhausted and so uncomfortable sad. I have contractions every night that stop every morning. Argh fed up!!!

sirmione16 Fri 04-Jan-19 08:32:13

Wow did I write this and forget?!

Most relatable part being my OH also suddenly admitting he's terrified about the baby coming (not in a bad way, just nerves!) when he hasn't said any of this before. I'm in no mood to hear him out because I'm the one who's got to birth this thing. grin

SadCupcake Fri 04-Jan-19 08:34:16

40+3 here. First baby. Can defo agree with pretty much everything you've said! Want baby out. Want sleep back. Hips ache. Husband freaking out a little bit. grin

I've got a sweep today and going to go for a long walk afterwards to try and kickstart this!

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 08:35:35

And I’ve already had two unsuccessful sweeps! I swear this baby has decided to just not bother coming out.

WhiteWashGails Fri 04-Jan-19 08:37:28

I feel the same but only 37+5.
I dread having to war another 3-4 weeks

harrypotterfan1604 Fri 04-Jan-19 08:49:40

It’s my due date today and I’m feeling really emotional and probably stressed. My DP has gone back to work after Xmas today so I’ve asked my mum to come round later I just don’t want to be on my own all day.
I’ve had such a rough pregnancy and I’m so ready for it to be over. The midwife and consultant kept saying to me you’ll go early there’s no way you’ll go overdue well here I am due date today a crying mess because they kinda got my hopes up. I have a consultant appointment on Tuesday so I am hoping he will make a date for induction at that appointment.
I’m so fed up sad

m4rdybum Fri 04-Jan-19 09:37:06

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a suddenly nervy DH grin Luckily, he has been great this whole pregnancy- I know it's just last minute jitters. I think I've not got them yet, mainly cause I've got the birth to think about first.

I'm also having a few worries of reduced movements. I'm trying to take it easier today, so I can feel the baby a bit more and assess better.

@harrypotterfan1604 - my MIL has been adamant I'll go early, but I don't see it myself!

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 09:42:02

My midwife was adamant I’d have this one early. She was a bit shocked when I walked in for my 41 week appointment yesterday.

PocketFullofMumbles Fri 04-Jan-19 11:34:10

Me too!! 41 weeks today with no.2 - everyone said it would be early as it’s been very low and engaged for weeks, with lots of contractions just before Xmas. But still, nada!

Now reluctantly turning my head towards induction, which I wanted to avoid after my rubbish experience last time. Anyone else having the really weird and illogical feeling that the baby is now going backwards, kind of like shrinking?!

PocketFullofMumbles Fri 04-Jan-19 11:35:08

@SoyDora sounds like we’re in the same boat - fancy setting up a support group of 2? grin

strongandlong Fri 04-Jan-19 11:54:39

Soydora- I had exactly the same with DD2. The good news is that once labour properly got going it was quick and (relatively!) easy.

Good luck all flowers

m4rdybum Fri 04-Jan-19 12:05:57

Anyone else having the really weird and illogical feeling that the baby is now going backwards, kind of like shrinking?!

I don't know if its just cause I'm so ready to go into labour, but I can't help feeling the same- almost like something is wrong. But I wouldn't know what to say to the MOAU.

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 12:13:13

Anyone else having the really weird and illogical feeling that the baby is now going backwards, kind of like shrinking?!

Yes! And the totally illogical feeling that the baby is literally never going to come out... I just can’t imagine it now!

harrypotterfan1604 Fri 04-Jan-19 12:39:13

I have literally cried to my mum this morning saying this baby is never going to come!

le42 Fri 04-Jan-19 12:48:33

I’m 37 weeks and torn between desperately wanting him to come as I’m in so much physical pain but also terror that I have to give birth to him and I’m going to be someone’s mum !!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

SadCupcake Fri 04-Jan-19 13:03:41

I've had my sweep and am getting cramps. Let's hope this kicks things off!
@le42 This is definitely me. That in a matter of hours or days I will be someone's mum and responsible to keep this little creature alive 😂

bunintheoven88 Fri 04-Jan-19 13:05:53

38+5 today and also feel like the baby is going to stay in there forever! Having a C-section Tuesday, and literally every hour is dragging by. I feel like a 7 year old child on Christmas Eve!

Curlypop Fri 04-Jan-19 13:07:49

Oh god the same here. 38+3 on second baby and I'm so ready. Last was one induced at 42 weeks so I'm hoping to avoid that as it was traumatic

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 13:09:19

I went into labour with my first two naturally but fear I’m looking at an induction this time round.

PocketFullofMumbles Fri 04-Jan-19 13:27:12

Re inductions for second time parents, my midwife told me it is nothing like being induced with the first. I had the full works the last time and think it was the impact of the drip that really stuck with me; she said it’s unlikely second timers (or third!) will need a drip. So that’s something!

MagicalCreatures Fri 04-Jan-19 13:36:36

Crikey I could have written your post myself except I’m 41 weeks today.
I didn’t think I would go overdue at all but here I am!!!!
I feel your pain and I’m afraid you will only get more and more frustrated with each day that passes.
I wish I had prepared myself for the possibility of going overdue. So just as a bit of advice to try and keep you as sane as possible, do prepare yourself for the fact that you could go overdue too.
Everyday I was waking up thinking today might be the day and that has made it a very long few weeks for me. X

StyleOfTheTimes Fri 04-Jan-19 13:42:49

I’m 35 weeks tomorrow and I’ve got another week at work then I’m off. I know I’m a way off yet but whew I’m very uncomfortable. I’ve got pains in my bits accompanied by crushing pressure which feels as though everything is going to come falling out 🤣 my hips and pelvis ache along with my back. Plus rolling over in bed now requires a system of levy’s and pullies, a small winch will be needed soon If i get much bigger, I’ve about got my own gravitational pull 🌕

SoyDora Fri 04-Jan-19 13:55:38

Completely agree MagicalCreatures. I think getting it into your head that you might be early is just asking for trouble! Much better to assume you’ll be late, otherwise the last few weeks are long and frustrating. That was my mistake this time. Completely didn’t think it would be my longest pregnancy, and I listened to too many people who said ‘ooh you won’t last until your due date’!

planespotting Fri 04-Jan-19 14:02:43

I went to 42 weeks and I almost lost my mind

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »