Talk

Advanced search

what do i need for my baby?

(12 Posts)
lazycat Wed 27-Jun-07 18:07:19

i'm pregnant and am going to a sale of second-hand baby stuff on saturday, but i don't actually know what i need to buy! has anyone got any suggestions...?

SanetJvv Wed 27-Jun-07 18:13:23

I loved to dress my babys in one piece outfits. Sleepsuits. Scratch mittens. Cotton clothing and blankets are best for sensitive newborn skin (remember to wash them with Non bio washing powder)

NoodleStroodle Wed 27-Jun-07 18:15:26

You don't need lots of fancy things to begin with so don't get carried away.

Depending on how tight money is...washing up bowl for baby bath etc Don't buy lots of very small clothes because they grow really fast!

TheMuppet Wed 27-Jun-07 18:19:07

Washing up bowl for bath,
Sleepsuits (my DD practically lived in them for first 3 mths)
Blankets
Shawl
Snowsuit
Scratch Mittens
Bibs
Socks

Hopeitwontbebig Wed 27-Jun-07 18:39:57

Def agree with bath thing. I had a bath for DS1 and used it only a handful of times. Was much easier in the sink TBH!!

Babygrows and vests are a must for the first couple of months. So comfy for the baby, and easy to put on etc.

Are you planning to BF or FF? Might need to consider sterilising equipment and bottle warmer etc.

goingfor3 Wed 27-Jun-07 18:42:03

I really liked having an adjustable babyseat rocker type thing. I found that I didn't use scratch mits or bibs on a newborn.

goingfor3 Wed 27-Jun-07 18:42:57

If you can pick up a cheap moses basket it will be worth it even of you only use it for a few weeks, I didn't bother with a stand I kept it in the cot.

Marne Wed 27-Jun-07 18:45:53

Baby chair
Bumbo
Bath
Blankets (cost a bomb new)
babygrows

Loopymumsy Wed 27-Jun-07 18:46:58

Message withdrawn

Tinkjon Wed 27-Jun-07 19:00:18

A changing mat!

lazycat Sat 30-Jun-07 10:15:36

Thanks for all your suggestions! How many vests and babygros should I get...?

honeyapple Sat 30-Jun-07 10:17:25

About 7 newborn sized vests/babygros

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now