Talk

Advanced search

Eeeek! Hit me last night where the baby has to come out of!

(15 Posts)
Princesspowersparkle Wed 27-Jun-07 13:14:45

Hadn't really thought about the birth and labour etc, but last night was talking to DH about it and its just hit me where the baby is coming out of! Surely its biologically impossible to get a baby out of something that small?!!!
I think I'm going to go back to blissful ignorance until it gets to crunch time!

PPS (36+5) xx

Dawn2820 Wed 27-Jun-07 13:15:52

hit me today when i went to the hospital and could here the women in agony.

OUCH

HuwEdwards Wed 27-Jun-07 13:16:22

it has the ability to stretch to the circumference of a welly-top . You'll be fine.

pyjamaqueen Wed 27-Jun-07 13:16:24

Probably too late to back out now?

MintyDixCharrington Wed 27-Jun-07 13:17:07

best not to think about it

that stood me in good stead through 4 pregnancies

and on no account look at pictures or video of anyone ELSE doing it - eurgh!

lulumama Wed 27-Jun-07 13:20:02

it is all very very stretchy !

Loopymumsy Wed 27-Jun-07 14:44:01

Message withdrawn

SSSandy2 Wed 27-Jun-07 14:45:53

It gets stretched so much down there, it goes pretty numb. Amazing things women's bodies

Go for a walk along a busy street and just have a look at all the masses of people out there and tell yourself "they all (or most of them) came out that way."

reikizen Wed 27-Jun-07 14:50:07

On the positive side - the apparent impossibility makes me amazed every time I see it happen, a real miracle!

BikeBug Wed 27-Jun-07 14:56:24

And remember that a newborns head is much smaller than the head of an older baby (ie one that is old enough to be taken out and shown off). I was amazed by this - think I'd been expecting a 4 week old to come out, but ds had a lovely little head that you could cup in your hand <sigh>

Loopymumsy Wed 27-Jun-07 14:58:09

Message withdrawn

theprecious Wed 27-Jun-07 14:58:27

sorry to sound like a midwife - do some perinal massage! It's yucky but am sure mine is stretching (sorry about TMI) and getting used to the nasty sensation.

Princesspowersparkle Wed 27-Jun-07 15:02:40

Hee! Thanks girls! Its just that I'd never really thought about it before last night. I'd thought about the pain etc but not the actual coming out! [GRIN]
at the welly top- although if it can stretch that much then thats better than I though!
xx

LilianGish Wed 27-Jun-07 15:15:51

Now you know the meaning of the word inevitable!

beller Wed 27-Jun-07 16:29:12

I watched "homegrown" last night....and totally freaked me out!! Im sure we will all forget about it in time i have another 26 weeks to wait anyway xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now