Talk

Advanced search

Cravings

(14 Posts)
mother2b Wed 27-Jun-07 11:27:18

So Ladies...

... what were/are your cravings?

I apologise for causing any cravings with this thread in advance

so far my real cravings (the ones which have lasted)

banana milkshakes (if not banana strawberry will do i spose )(i blame this on not being able to stnad milk to start with, my body is (over)compensating)
tomato juice
tomato cupasoup(am drinking one now )
tomatos
bananas
traditional lemonade
dandilion and burdock
spicy pepperami

still cant really stand chicken or pork though

LucyK1978 Wed 27-Jun-07 11:36:54

Melon. Straight from the fridge cold, chopped up melon. Bliss. Love it - can't get enough and it's the only thing I fancy eating that the baby doesn't then make me throw back up on those days when he/she rules the menu (thankfully this is improving and I have more control again now and can include other food groups in my diet!)

HATE: Mustard, meat, leeks - all things I liked before, very strange! Oooh and coffee - YUK even the thought of the small makes me wakt to puke!!!!!

BABY OBJECTS TO: Junk food - the odd occasion I've treated myself to something naught (burger and chips!) or lovely rich chocolate cake the baby objects! At least it's free calories!!!

This baby is a health freak (not like it's mummy!) or is it just mother natures way of stopping us from eating things that aren't good for us?

mother2b Wed 27-Jun-07 11:40:55

here too, if the baby doesnt like whatever ive eaten it soon lets me know, whether its by way of nauciousness, heartburn or diarrhea is fairly fussy eater, also cant eat junk food without feeling like im having the back of my throat burnt out (pass the gaviscon)cant eat crisps at all

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 27-Jun-07 12:15:55

I really hate sandwiches at the moment (especially ones with salad in - yuck, the idea of soggy bread turns my stomach!). The idea of roasted veggies is also abhorrent. The one "dish" that I absolutely adore at the moment is a huge bowl of Shreddies with as much semi-skimmed as I can fit into the bowl! I never really went for Shreddies previously - preferring muesli and the like.

Iklboo Wed 27-Jun-07 12:19:31

I totally went off chicken when I was pg and it's my favourite meat.
I craved orange juice, onions, pickled onions, Twix, cherry tomatoes & cheese.

Oh and once I just HAD to have a Big Mac. And I can't stand McDonalds. DH looked at me and said "now I KNOW you're pregnant"

LucyK1978 Wed 27-Jun-07 13:04:40

Oh how I miss Shreddies!! I normally LOVE them but at the moment can't stand the thought of them! DH is secretly quite pleased as we import them specially so there's one less person attacking the rations!

lilylilyrose Wed 27-Jun-07 13:42:49

I've gone through a few!

Granny Smith apples
Fresh pineapple
Buttered crumpets
Pancakes
Milk - has to be very cold, semi-skimmed, I could get through about 2 pints a day...mmm
Wine gums
Liquorice Allsorts
Spinach sandwiches(!)

I've gone off a few things too - I can't eat steak or lamb anymore, it just tastes 'off' to me now.

decafgirl Wed 27-Jun-07 13:48:09

Oh my God, this is the weirdest one on here, but I've taken a liking to the smell of wet sponge! I was in the bath last night and it was all I could do to stop myself from eating it! This has only just started and I'm 38 weeks + 4 so I don't know where it's come from. Just thinking of it now makes me feel funny!

Sorry if I've put you normal people of your food cravings!

RGPargy Wed 27-Jun-07 14:07:43

When i was first PG i used to HATE meat and anything that was slightly good for me. Now i'm more or less back to normal so no excuses to eat junk really

Naetha Wed 27-Jun-07 14:14:51

Theressomethingaboutmarie - I think we're polar opposites! One of the very first cravings I had was for roasted Mediterranean vegetables (such as courgettes, aubergines, tomatoes etc) and I've got a real craving at the moment for ham salad sandwiches, but they have to be with wholemeal (preferably granary) sliced bread that has gone slightly soggy!

I've also completely gone of meat and my usual staple foods of spag bol, curry, and chilli have all been relegated - even the thought of them makes me retch!

I had a real craving for lemons the other day (I usually hate lemons) and got around it by sniffing the lemon fairy liquid for about 5 minutes. Odd, but it worked.

paulaplumpbottom Wed 27-Jun-07 14:15:32

creme fraiche, on everything or all by itself

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 27-Jun-07 14:16:27

Naetha - . Even reading your post turned my stomach (no offence intended to you personally of course )

mother2b Wed 27-Jun-07 15:11:52

i forgot to put on choclate mouses and chocolate puddings, how did i forget that, the amount i have ploughed through in the last couple of month, it must be hundreds

that is so bad, im a bad mother already

Naetha Wed 27-Jun-07 15:26:51

Mother2b - the Rosemary Conley chocolate mousses are meant to be healthy(ish) or at least they have less fat in them! I've been scoffing them and they're absolutely gorgeous! I think they sell them in sainsbury's, but they're not cheap at about 60p each!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now