Talk

Advanced search

~When did your nausea tail off?

(16 Posts)
VictorVictoria Wed 27-Jun-07 09:43:18

I am 9 weeks and the last couple of days have definitely felt less sick. bobs still agony (possibly even worse than before) but have not been sick now for 2 days although still getting the odd wave of nausea

Have had two m/c in the last 9 months so am obviously a bit anxious (although had a scan at 7+5 and sae the heartbeat)

I know lots of people carry on feeling sick up to 12 weeks and beyond but I just can't remember how I was with DS although was never as sick as I have been in last 2 weeks

RGPargy Wed 27-Jun-07 10:29:00

Mine wore off at about 11 weeks, really suddenly. Yay for that!! \o/

ChasingSquirrels Wed 27-Jun-07 10:36:56

20 weeks, then started again at around 28 weeks. I don't do being pg very wekk
But I didn't start until 8/9 weeks.
Every pg is different, please try not to worry to much.

Naetha Wed 27-Jun-07 10:54:27

My all day sickness stopped pretty much overnight at about 13 weeks and was reduced to just evening sickness. I now feel pretty grotty between about 4pm and when I go to bed - haven't thrown up in the last couple of weeks, but thats mainly because DH is being great at preparing all the food! Smells aren't affecting me as badly now either - I caught a whiff of catfood the other day, and didn't throw up, although it was close! Three weeks ago it would have been an instant bounce reaction!

VictorVictoria Wed 27-Jun-07 10:55:17

Hmmmmm........so far am not that encouraged.......

dal21 Wed 27-Jun-07 11:07:42

Hi VV - understand why you may feel nervous. I personally didnt have any MS with this pg, but have read that with lots of women it can come and go. If you are worried though - can you go and get another viability scan for peace of mind? is that an option?

am sure everything is ok - especially since you saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks.

LucyK1978 Wed 27-Jun-07 11:25:54

I am in week 20 and still feeling sea-sick/hungover quite a lot.... oh the glamour of pregnancy! (and wouldn't change it for the world!!)

VictorVictoria Wed 27-Jun-07 11:26:37

Strangely have just been wretching - came upon me suddenly and now feel fine again

Strange thing this pregnancy lark

Naetha Wed 27-Jun-07 11:28:00

I'd like to add though that from 6-8 weeks I had intermittent MS, some days I would be awful, others I'd be great. From 9-10 weeks it was hell, I was feeling awful the whole time, vomiting every day etc etc. From 11-12 weeks it calmed down a bit with a couple of days here and there feeling great, followed by a day of nastiness, and then the all day nausea kinda stopped.

I honestly wouldn't worry about symptoms coming and going - its very common and is just due to fluctuations in the different levels of hormones (allegedly).

bookthief Wed 27-Jun-07 11:29:39

My symptoms started tailing off about week 8. Cue much boob poking, knicker checking and panic from me until the scan..

mother2b Wed 27-Jun-07 11:35:46

mine stopped at 11 weeks really but still do get a bit nauseous now(15+1), if somebody talks about something yukky my gag reflex goes into overdrive, dont actually throw up though
been feeling icky today but thats my fault for going on a fruit binge yesterday

mother2b Wed 27-Jun-07 11:37:09

BF i was like that also, was so paranoid because sypmtoms had just disappeared, thought was having a miscarriage

RGPargy Wed 27-Jun-07 11:40:04

lol @ bookthief. I'm sure we've all been there!!

Princesspowersparkle Wed 27-Jun-07 12:47:58

HI VV
Mine was on and off til about week 14. I was never actually sick (except just before my scans but I think that was just anxiety). On the days I felt good I panicked and on the days I felt rough I wished I felt good!

Don't compare this PG to your last one- all are different. Good news about the HB and scan though- positive sign.

XX

becklespeckle Wed 27-Jun-07 14:18:49

Hi VV, my MS went at 9 weeks, boobs were not so hard or painfull - cue much panicking from me. MS came back at 10 weeks with a vengance - have never felt so ill in pg before! It tailed off again at 12 weeks but back again earlier this week.
What I am trying to say is that symptoms come and go and I personally feel a lot better that mine change all the time, after all, the hormone levels must change all the time too.

TheMuppet Wed 27-Jun-07 14:19:49

HI my nausea tailed off at 16wks, thank god
was sick (no pun intended) of dry crackers in the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now