Talk

Advanced search

MUMS WITH SPD

(7 Posts)
loopyredangel Tue 26-Jun-07 21:17:42

Are there any mums out there who had SPD, and problems occured during labour and after birth, after giving birth naturally?

bobsmum Tue 26-Jun-07 21:21:06

I had SPD with dd's pregnancy. Gave birth naturally and had a lot of pain 18 months after giving birth.

kerala Tue 26-Jun-07 21:30:27

Have you been on the pelvic partnership website (google www.pelvicpartnership). It has really good question and answer section may help.

Rumpel Tue 26-Jun-07 21:32:42

Didnt have problems during birth with SPD 9 had an epidural so couldnt actually feel anything anyway. Was sore for about 6 months afterwards ( just made sure I didnt open legs too much) Left side was always worse than right and can still feel it now sometimes.

CarGirl Tue 26-Jun-07 21:35:41

I answered on your other thread. fortunately I gave birth naturally and the spd quickly improved, went on to the next pregnancy where it never got as bad. However the youngest is nearly 2 and I still get the occasional twinge. I think it is possible that your problem is much more severe and possible not just clasic spd, I hope pelvic partnership can really help you. I found osteopathy absolutely amazing in reducing the pain level.

Good luck in getting the health care you need!

kerala Tue 26-Jun-07 21:39:12

Had a c-section for reasons unrelated to SPD. Although SPD was not a problem in the bit of my labour that was natural. My SPD went after the birth but for first 6 months it returned if I did anything "high impact" ie walking fast , let alone running. Still get twinges but nothing like as bad as pain I had while preg.

barbamama Wed 27-Jun-07 12:11:59

Hi there I had SPD in first pg but luckily it cleared up very quickly after the birth, birth was fine as stayed standing up (til the end but that's another story). This pg it came back and got worse much more quickly, but for the past 3 weeks I have been having osteopathy which has really helped. I don't think mine is the classical SPD tho according to the osteopath as my pain is mostly in the back with the 2 SI joints of the pelvis - I think most people get the pain at the front?

Anyway, osteopathy might be worth trying?

I certainly have never felt it would stop me going for a natural birth - good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now