Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Out of curiosity really- who here has seen the same MW the whole way through?

(13 Posts)
Princesspowersparkle Tue 26-Jun-07 13:17:37

I think I've been really lucky in that I've had the same MW all the way through. Plus she was also the one who did our antenatal classes (which getting those is again lucky as loads of places are not running them anymore). The only time I won't see the same MW is my next appt (39 weeks) as she'll be on holiday, and probably in labour as shes community.

What about you girls? What do you think of the care you've received?

X

nearlythere Tue 26-Jun-07 13:19:38

i had the same midwife throughout- but she was my best mate and at the time she was a work colleague, and she was being paid to look after me in order to have a home waterbirth!

Its really unusual these days!

daisyboo Tue 26-Jun-07 13:21:33

my gp practice has a dedicated community mw, so i saw her all the way through except last appointment as she was off ill. I've also seen her post-natally as well.

Care has been fantastic.....

I'm in Leeds btw

fransmom Tue 26-Jun-07 13:22:37

i saw loads of diff mw - i think it's called domino care. not very good imo as you never seem to get the same ansa, always confused me- never knew what to do for best. had to go to next hospital as hindwaters went very late fri pm, so booked in for induction on the monday. the mw who checked was not very gentle, my labour went thru a couple of shift changes and the room i was in had storage cupboards in! v.little sleep for me anyway but still some privacy (what's that then?!) would've been nice.

when up on the ward the same mw who saw me on the monday, left me on a bloodied bed for ages, the amount of times i asked her for clean sheets and the amount of times she replied there's only me on, i could've got the damn sheets and done it myself ffs

better go , due back at work!

Nip Tue 26-Jun-07 13:26:52

I had 4 MW's - some better than others i have to say. (one of which was clearly insane and has a reputation for it)

I thought the care i got was good.(but saying that, i had nothing to compare it to!)

Aero Tue 26-Jun-07 13:27:08

I did with ds2. She is a personal friend of mine and Cadbury's, so Cadders also had the same midwife all the way through with dd2 too.

Indith Tue 26-Jun-07 13:28:03

I did pretty much.

We have a large team of community midwives who are dedicated to certain surgeries and who also do shifts on the labour ward. They also make up the on call teams for homebirth. I always saw the same midwife unless on holiday or at a birth. I was extra lucky as she was on call when I went into labour too.

Dawn2820 Tue 26-Jun-07 13:28:06

i have so far and i really hope they dont change her as she has been great

cupcake78 Tue 26-Jun-07 13:34:43

I have seen so many I have lost count. All of them have been very lovely so far so I have no complaints. Only 27+ weeks so not sure how it will work out over the next three months but to be honest I am not really that bothered as luckly they have all been very good.

Meglet Tue 26-Jun-07 13:49:28

I had 4 midwives, different one at each visit. Also a lovely consultant who I saw twice.

popsycal Tue 26-Jun-07 13:50:38

I had the same midwife for antenatal care all the way through both my pregnanices.

Different ones for the birth though

mezzer Tue 26-Jun-07 13:56:11

I had the same MW up until the birth and would prob have been the same one if had stuck with the homebirth. I ended up deciding to go into hospital and had a good 6 or so MWs as I was in there so long.

PandaG Tue 26-Jun-07 13:56:44

I had same midwife all the way through both my pregnancies, and she delivered both my children and gave postnatal care. did see the other members of her team in case she was not on duty when I went into labour, and in fact one of her colleagues was with me at the start of DS's labour, but the shift changed and my midwife delivered him.

Also, I was hospitalised for 4 weeks when I had DD, and gthe midwife came ot visit me on her days off! The continuity was great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now