Talk

Advanced search

So bloody tired (27 weeks)

(9 Posts)
DannyWallace Fri 07-Dec-18 17:24:56

I'm not so much asking for advice, just a wee moan (plus seeing if anyone else feels the same). Sorry if this is long, like I said it's just a place to moan as I'm not used to this.

I'm 27 weeks with my first DC. Pre pregnancy I was pretty active. Not an athlete by any standards, but it was usual to go mountain climbing when myself and DH were both off work, I could run 10km in around an hour and my average daily steps were between 15,000-20,000.

Anyway, I suffered quite badly with sickness in the first trimester and my fitness decreased quite rapidly. Now I've found that if I walk too far/too fast my hips/pelvis are so sore. I've also gained about a stone and a half already-I guess due to not burning off as much. I also get tired quite easily, so struggle to do quite as much.
I do yoga and Pilates though a few times a week, still walk the dogs daily and swim when I can so I'm not completely inactive.

Anyway, yesterday I went shopping with some friends. The place we went to is a 3 hour round trip by train (no good shops near me) and we spent around 7 hours there (only sat down for lunch). I was so sore by the end of the day so had an early night when I got home. I sleep really well at the minute and last night was no different (I easily get at least 8 hours every night).

Anyway, today I'm just too exhausted to even function. I'm not in any pain at all, but I feel like I can hardly keep my eyes open. I look absolutely horrendous, I can barely concentrate, every time I sit down I feel like I'm going to drift off. I honestly feel like I used to when I'd just come off of my 3rd nightshirt in a row. You know when you've had minimal sleep for days, plus a busy job and all you can focus on is bed (and maybe food!).

Has anyone else had this? I eat well, still taking pregnancy vitamins, but I was nowhere near anaemic at my last appointment (although due blood test in 2weeks to check). How could just a day of shopping have affected me this much?
Uuuuugggghhhhhhh!!!! Is it too early to go to bed??!

(Thank you for reading if you've made it this far! Apologies for the whingeing 😂😂)

RiskIt4Biscuit Fri 07-Dec-18 17:32:47

It's normal. You're growing a human being, and that's hard on the body.

Put your legs up and relax.

I'm 35 weeks, and I could easily do nothing all day if I could get away with it.

Aozora13 Fri 07-Dec-18 17:41:16

I struggled with extreme tiredness through both my pregnancies. No issues with anaemia etc. First time round I felt bad that I was so exhausted and very much not glowing, and thought I was just being weak so tried to push on through. Second time round I just accepted that it’s a feature for me and was in bed shortly after my 2 year old every night! It’s not forever (even if it feels like it might be). Be kind to yourself and listen to your body!

Sexnotgender Fri 07-Dec-18 17:47:36

How long ago was your last blood test?

I’m 33+6 and am beyond exhausted. I was borderline anaemic at around 26 weeks whereas my bloods had been great at my previous appointment.

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 07-Dec-18 17:52:19

I’m 26 weeks, had a meeting in London today and just got into bed. I’ve been carrying on “as normal” and it’s really starting to hit me so fuck it, I’m resting.

My iron was great at last bloods and I feel well, but I have a massive bump, I get a stitch like feeling in my side after a certain about of walking, my feet ache and I’m not sleeping well so it’s been a gradual wake up call this week that I don’t have anything to prove, I should preserve my energy for have tos and sleep is a priority.

DannyWallace Fri 07-Dec-18 17:55:51

@RiskIt4Biscuit @Aozora13 thank you both 

@Sexnotgender last bloods were just my booking ones, so there has been plenty of time for it to change I guess. Not long until they are re-done I guess 

@AnneLovesGilbert apart from the sleep that's exactly the way I feel. I also feel like I'm really big (although, if anything, I measured slightly on the smaller side of normal at my last appointment grin)

I'm just going to relax and take it easy (thank you all again!!)

Sexnotgender Fri 07-Dec-18 18:03:53

Don’t wait 2 weeks, go ask for the bloods to be repeated ASAP. Anaemia is horrible, I was only borderline but was really symptomatic. Doctor said because my levels were really good beforehand I was probably just feeling the effect more.

poblwc Fri 07-Dec-18 18:04:22

Same here! 24 weeks, absolutely exhausted. Normally very much a morning person, but now could happily stay in bed until midday if I had the option. Doesn't help that DH broke his toe this week so I've been running around after him. I keep hearing about how you have loads of energy in the second trimester. That definitely hasn't been the case for me. Glad I'm not the only one!

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 07-Dec-18 18:10:36

Good plan OP smile

I’ve been very lucky and had no sickness and after the walking-through-treacle exhaustion of the first couple of months I’ve had loads more energy in the second trimester but it’s starting to catch up with me now.

No matter how you’re measuring, you have a bump now and your body’s a different shape and size to how it was before you were pregnant so it’s big for you and it takes a while to get used to it. There are lots of things I’m loving about being pregnant but I’m being rubbish about acclimatising to having less in the tank generally so I’m going to try and be a bit more sensible about stopping when I need to. DH is being brilliant and when I’m hairing around doing stuff then get out of breath, have to sit down and say I can’t believe I’m so tired, says well you’re 6 months pregnant and growing a person so why don’t you put your feet up I’ll finish up smile He’s a love and he’s right, I’m not taking to my bed forever but I’m going to listen to him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: