Talk

Advanced search

Bra question!

(25 Posts)
angelcake99 Sat 23-Jun-07 22:24:15

Why aren't you supposed to wear underwired bras during pregnancy?
thanks

allieBongo Sat 23-Jun-07 22:25:35

something to do with damaging breast tissue i believe? or that could be a pile of old lies. I cant remember very well i'm afraid

allieBongo Sat 23-Jun-07 22:26:19

here you go

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:26:48

Something to do with restricting the ribcage - this expands to allow room for the baby

Having said that, I found that maternity bras were crap so I wore underwired throughout whole pregnancy and just went up a size as and when I needed to...bit pricey but it was either that or have tits like spaniel's ears!!

You will need maternity bras for b/feeding though - underwired too uncomfortable post birth

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:28:40

nikki - am am still wearing underwired too. £24 each tho. I dont really want spaniels ears

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:31:51

I think that the one time breasts need as much support as poss is pregnancy and maternity bras just don't cut the mustard! I tried sports bras but they just squashed everything in so I figured be better to just go with underwired!

Did love my mat bras for after though - even slept in them as too uncomfortable to go braless and they hold the breastpads in so you don't wake up to patches of milk on PJ's or sheets...deeply unsexy!

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:37:05

havent got a decent sleep bra yet (quite huge before preg - 34G). Will get myself measured in a few weeks and perhaps get a sleep one fom mothercare.

I remember with ds (was smaller pre him 34DD) waking up and the bed being soaking wasnt warned by midwife or anyone about the leaky boobs. This time round will be more prepared.. breast pads, good bra and a large soft towel to sleep on

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:38:10

dp and i spoke about bf in public today and he reckons we could get some free meals in posh restaurants he said have starter and main then feed the baby. If they ask us to leave refuse to pay. Obv he was joking but i thought he was funny.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:39:29

Not a bad blag for free meals that!

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:42:55

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:45:28

When are you due?

Princesspowersparkle Sat 23-Jun-07 22:47:11

I got a nice one from M&S. It isn't underwired but looks like a proper bra rather than the sports type ones. It really good hold (I've gone up to a D <Proud face>) and very comfy. Its almost as if its padded but thats fine as you don't get sticky out nipples which I found you tend to get with the other type . Also it was only £14 so well worth it!
x

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:47:20

Jan the 5th already have a little bump. Are you expecting?

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:48:47

No, DS just turned one in May

Would love another one but DH thinks there needs to be more time between the two of them....<disappointed>

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:50:52

cant you use the old chestnut of it will take a couple of years to fall.. lets start trying? My ds is 7 will be nearly 8 when no.2 arrives. BIG age gap.

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:51:12

happy birthday to your ds for last month btw x

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:52:14

hi PPS - you are lucky you are a reasonabl size. Most m&s bras dont fit me - the actually said that I was a H when they measured me. John Lewis put me in a G tho.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:54:06

Awen - I don't think that would work...only took me three months to get caught with DS so DH is already wise to that one!!

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 22:56:21

aww shucks, worth a try tho eh? If it takes 3 months.. then 9/10 months to grow that would be 2 years between them.

I am wondering why I am trying to talk everyone else into having a baby too at the moment Must be annoying.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 22:58:45

Well that's what I said to DH but....no luck! He wants DS to be able to understand if I can't always pick him up etc and right now, if I was PG and couldn't do something, he would just see it as rejection as he's too young so DH does have a very good point....

I was pretty sick with DS so I do think he needs to be at an age where he can at least understand mummy isn't very well etc....

Mind you, sickness may not happen on a second PG but you never know!! Hope not...was bloody awful!

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 23:01:02

I only got a tiny bit of sickness with ds.. not prepared for this time. Tbh it is nice ds is older and understand that I have a baby growing etc, he is very excited by it all.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 23:04:08

Aww bless him!

Am trying to think of things that helped me...you already said on other thread that sickness bands don't work...erm....crackers? I found having them beside the bed and eating them before I went to bed and in the middle of the night if I woke, helped a bit as in my experience, an empty tummy makes you feel worse, even though you feel sick! Its weird! I actually had meals where I was holding my nose so the taste of the food didn't make me heave, but had to eat to make the sickness ease....then even when the sickness eased...I carried on eating....and eating...

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 23:09:37

eating and eating was helping. Has stopped helping now. Dp made me cheese on toast to try and help.. couldnt eat it. Sleep helps tho.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 23:12:19

Try to eat something tonight if you can - will make it easier on you in am...

Talking of sleep....have you seen the time??!! Must to go bed! Doing the early shift with DS tmw....I am mad to be mnetting so late!! <addict emoticon>

Hope you feel better soon <pats bump and tells it to behave for mummy awen>

Nite nite

MamaMaiasaura Sat 23-Jun-07 23:16:27

aww nite nite nikki. Nice talking to you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now