Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what do the baby's hiccups feel like?

(9 Posts)
MrsMar Sat 23-Jun-07 17:17:56

Lots of people I know have said they could feel when their babies had hiccups, I do occasionally get a rhythmic movement, I'm not sure if it's gentle kicks or hiccups. I'm 27+4, is it too early for this kind of thing?

RGPargy Sat 23-Jun-07 17:21:04

Normally you can just tell when it's hiccups because, well, they are like hiccups!

Regular "jumps" from inside the womb would indicate that they're hiccups.

HTH

MrsMar Sat 23-Jun-07 17:29:04

Thanks for that RG... either my LO is very rhythmical (future drummer perhaps?) or he's had a few hiccup bouts already.

Egg Sat 23-Jun-07 17:33:47

My DS used to hiccup a lot while inside (and also a lot once he came out). It was a very regular little jumpy sensation. I think I felt it quite early on, certainly by about 6 months IIRC.

PurpleLostPrincess Sat 23-Jun-07 17:47:48

((waves at MrsMar!))

Both DS and DD1 used to get hiccups loads when I was carrying them and I remember my whole belly shaking! This time, I'm not sure if she's having hiccups as such or if she is kicking to a beat!? I guess each child is different...

PLP (27 wks) xx

nameanon Sat 23-Jun-07 17:52:58

It is like a ticking from inside.

Princesspowersparkle Sat 23-Jun-07 18:00:57

Its like the other girls says- feels like little kicks but is constant and to a pretty regular beat. Mine get hiccups about 2 or 3 times a day and they can last for ages! If its any help, I tend to feel them where the head is (unless they are particularly strong and then my whole tummy goes!)
PPS (36+1) x

MrsMar Sat 23-Jun-07 18:34:31

Hi PLP <waves> Thanks for that everyone! I guess it must be hiccups, because it's such a regular beat, even like a heartbeat, but obviously far too low. Aw, bless him and his little hiccups!

Nanoon Sat 23-Jun-07 21:49:31

my DS had them all the time when i was pregnant, even when we had the nuchal scan -he bounced up to the top of the womb and floated back down again, fab to watch although couldn't feel it at that stage. He went on to have hiccups loads as a baby but less now (2.9)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now