Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

sore itchy tummy

(7 Posts)
lucy1978 Thu 21-Jun-07 15:16:22

has anyone got any cures or relief for a sore itchy belly? i am 37 weeks and my tummy fells like it is gonna burst ( i am carrying a large baby!) the itching is driving me crazy!!!!

lulalullabye Thu 21-Jun-07 15:23:08

Speak to midwife as this can be a symptom of other probs associated with baby. Also it could be because you are tight etc. Found out recently that you can take Piriton( anti itching tablet) Available over the counter. Good luck.

lulumama Thu 21-Jun-07 15:25:22

calamine lotion, letting air get to your tummy, cool flannel

itching on hands and feet can indicate a problem, but itchy tummy is quite common at this late stage, but of course mention to the midwife

lucy1978 Thu 21-Jun-07 15:30:29

thanks guys. not had itching anywhere else just on my tummy. also very sore probably from being over stretched!

DivaSkyChick Mon 02-Jul-07 19:45:27

I was just about to start a thread on this! The top of my bump is killing me!!! The whole thing feels so tight, like i just stuffed my face but I haven't eaten anything in hours. I'm not itchy but oooooh man does it hurt. I'm 36+3.

jellycat Mon 02-Jul-07 19:57:51

For the itching you could try E45 itch relief cream. Piriton may help if it's urticaria (do you would have a red, blotchy rash? - like hives or nettle rash). If you have urticaria it is probably a condition called PUPPP which unfortunately doesn't resolve until after the birth).

Pain at top of bump may be rib pain, from baby pushing against rib cage. Try kneeling and rounding out your back IYSWIM. Unfortunately at this stage there is nothing much you can do to feel comfortable for long IME!

lucy1978 Mon 02-Jul-07 21:35:14

hi guys, i discovered a maternity band which they sell for 8.50 in babies r us. its not a complete cure but i found it has helped take some of the weight so do not feel like i am being as stretched.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: