Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dal21 - You're in trouble!

(14 Posts)
RGPargy Thu 21-Jun-07 13:48:49

So yes. I have done it. I have just bought a bag of dolly mixtures. However, they are Haribo ones and although they're still yummy, they're not quite the same as i remember. To top it all off, the Haribo ones dont have any Jelly ones in the packs!!!!!

Still, i wont hold it against them.....

<<chomp chomp chomp>>

dal21 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:05:58

Ha ha!!!! You go girl!!! But I have to say, no jelly ones? them ain't proper dolly mixtures! enjoy!

so were you virtuous today for lunch? what preceded the dolly mixtures?

dal21 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:07:07

doesnt like the word i put in. shall use proper english....those are not proper dolly mixtures!

RGPargy Thu 21-Jun-07 14:10:52

Yeah it's gone a bit funny hasnt it?!!!

It's shocking re no jellies. I will have to make sure i get proper DMs next time. The jellies are the best ones!

However, i was quite good before that. For lunch i had:

Ham, cheese & mustard sarnie from Pret
Bag of hand baked cheddar & red onion crisps from Pret
A portion of seedless grapes from Pret

Then a big fat bag of DMs!

dal21 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:16:24

Think something weird going on with apostrophes! you do realise that we are now going to blamed for other MN's rushing out to buy DM's aswell!!
Glad you enjoyed, but think you must revisit at some point with the jelly ones. I am still abstaining, havent recovered from my binge weeks ago!

RGPargy Thu 21-Jun-07 14:18:02

Well i shall abstain for the rest of hte weekend now (probably). I feel sick after eating that big bag of them! Bleugh!!

LucyK1978 Thu 21-Jun-07 17:19:26

LOL at Dolly Mixture cravings! I've not eaten them in YEARS, although there was an advert in my magazine this week about low fat Haribo.... might need exploring, if they don't do low fat fake DMs then perhpas they do low fat star mix - yummy!

In the interest of science, sharing and all things compassionate and good, I'll eat a bag of each and a bag of full fat ones and tell you if they taste as good (I'm so selfless!)

MrsMar Thu 21-Jun-07 18:29:30

is there much fat in dolly mixture? I thought they were all sugar? I discovered coke bottles after a 20 year hiatus the other day, taste great to my hormonal palate, can't get enough of them now!

LucyK1978 Thu 21-Jun-07 19:04:03

Just checked the advert and they're called 'Haribo Lite' . As you say they've not got much fat in normally (my mistake!) but are 30% fewer calories and 40% less sugar with less than 0.1% fat. And there's Haribo cola bottles on the advert too!

I used to like pink shrimp penny sweets, or the white milk bottle chews! Seems I am regressing to the tastes and preferences of a 7 year old!

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Thu 21-Jun-07 19:06:31

if youhave a co-op near you, their own brand DMs are v good and tesco's too

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Thu 21-Jun-07 19:07:07

just realised i am posting in pregnancy

dal21 Thu 21-Jun-07 19:09:10

doesnt matter where you are posting! we are grateful for the recommendations on the DM front!

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Thu 21-Jun-07 19:10:25

i had a massive DM craving when i was pg with DS1 that never went away!

dal21 Thu 21-Jun-07 19:28:02

Well my craving (am normally a total health nut) was obv followed by indulgence of giant bag. 4 hours later i took a HPT! Knew something wasnt right. Cravings for sweets has returned again (am 26 weeks tmrw) and trying to resist completely. although a few cherries in lieu of sweeties isnt really hitting the spot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now