Talk

Advanced search

I HAVENT FELT THE BABY MOVE TODAY

(18 Posts)
Dawn2820 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:04:25

Should i worry - its the first day i havent felt it in about 2 - 3 weeks and i am panicking!

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 13:05:22

Try drinking a cold fizzy drink that always used to get dd going

How pg are you?

TheArmadillo Wed 20-Jun-07 13:06:44

how far along are you?

Is the baby usually particularly active at this time of day?

Is there anything that usually gets them moving?

If you are really worried call the midwife.

bookthief Wed 20-Jun-07 13:06:47

Have you tried lying down somewhere quiet for a bit (15 minutes or so) and drinking a cold glass of water or orange juice?

I'm sure he/she's just having a rest or you haven't noticed the movements. How many weeks are you? If it's really worrying you then phone your midwife who will be able to reassure you, by getting you in for a listen if necessary .

yaddayah Wed 20-Jun-07 13:07:27

Or a bath/music with a base beat.. always used to help, if still pancicking get to a mw just for peace of mind

Dawn2820 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:10:21

i am 20 weeks +4 and i usually feel him/her all day every day, felt butterflies from 12 weeks so its very strange for nothing to be there at all. thanks for the advice i will try them see if they work

JodieG1 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:10:47

Trust your instincts, if you're really worried then go and be checked out.

myermay Wed 20-Jun-07 13:13:14

Message withdrawn

Dawn2820 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:16:39

i hate sitting here wishing for movement as i feel something is wrong when i dont get any - i have been drinking cold bottled water all morning but nothing

lulumama Wed 20-Jun-07 13:18:47

call the midwife, see if you can be seen today, you need the reassurance

it might be the baby has moved and is kicking towards your back, but if you feel something is wrong, and the baby is not moving and you have tried everything, call the mw ..

you might need to go to ante natal ward for some monitoring, or your own midwife might see you

you won;t relax until you have been checked!

yaddayah Wed 20-Jun-07 13:19:59

Getting stressed doesn't help either (yeah right so thats usefull advice Is there anyone there with you at the moment ? I would call the MW and just get monitored.. can't do any harm

yaddayah Wed 20-Jun-07 13:20:37

Hell I won't relax till you've been checked...

FelicityMontgomery Wed 20-Jun-07 13:23:13

Go and get monitored.

I went a couple of times with both my preganacies as I git very anxious. Everytime the babay was fine and they didn't mind providing the reassurance at all.

Go!!! Now.

Go on.

twoplusone Wed 20-Jun-07 13:36:54

have you phoned your mw yet for some advice, if you feel something is wrong, they should take a look at you and even you go to the doctors and sopeak to them I am sure most docs have sonicaids in the practises..

myermay Thu 21-Jun-07 21:02:24

Message withdrawn

wurlywurly Thu 21-Jun-07 21:03:55

i used to prod my belly them I would get a sharp kick in return

Bibis Thu 21-Jun-07 21:05:20

There was another thread in pregnancy yesterday saying that everything was ok

maxbear Thu 21-Jun-07 21:05:31

I had a day like this at 20 weeks and felt a bit worried but strangely enough not that worried, the next day it made up for it big style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now