Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleep deprived :( ..... Nasal congestion - how to relieve it?

(7 Posts)
MotherofZ Wed 20-Jun-07 08:13:58

Am 12 weeks pregnant and started to get really bad nasal congestion/swollen nasal passages that I am waking up at night. Not being able to get back to sleep as I can't bear breating through my mouth at night - makes it really dry. I've tried Olbas but it doesn't do anything. Anyone know of anything that can help..I'd love to get my normal sleep routine back....???????????????

I had the same in my previous pregnancy but it wasn't so bad - just made me snore loads.....

Woooozle100 Wed 20-Jun-07 09:02:04

Hello. What about them strips you stick on yr nose? Been meaning to get them myself.

Have been feeling a lot like this. It stopped and was replaced by nosebleeds. Now I have a combination of the two!

Hope it settles down

MotherofZ Wed 20-Jun-07 09:05:16

Just read about that on the internet so will try them ...thanx..
feel miserable due to sleep deprivation..

jabuti Wed 20-Jun-07 09:09:09

hi mother, how about propping yourself up with some pillows, and sleeping in a kind of upright position?

im 34 weeks and when i cant sleep on my sides any longer (my lower back hurts sometimes), thats what i do. and i do get blocked nose when my allergies are bad, so again the upright position helps me a lot.

im very unconfortable at the moment, i sympathise with you!

MotherofZ Wed 20-Jun-07 09:11:51

At least you've got 6 weeks to go, I've got months left....hope this doesn't last throughout

jabuti Wed 20-Jun-07 11:08:01

true. but i've been suffering with bad allergy since march, on and off, because the weather has been so warm this year. and i cant take my magical pills...

im not trying to compete with who is more miserable, just venting

Princesspowersparkle Wed 20-Jun-07 11:13:50

Its such a drag isn't it? I'm in the same boat. My poor DH has taken to sleeping in the living room as I snore so loudly now so embarassing.
Nothing I can do about it though.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now