Talk

Advanced search

OMG just worked out when my LMP was....

(19 Posts)
indiasmum Tue 19-Jun-07 21:58:20

and it was 9 weeks ago!!!! its normally every 5 weeks or so. def not been ttc and dh had the snip 2 yrs ago, and a good (nurse) friend very helpfully points out that its not uncommon for the man bits to heal themselves and for it all to get working again iyswim.
should i be as worried as i now am? hadnt even occurred to me before tonight about being pg or being late or anything just thought i'd check the dates as it seemed like it had been a while!

bramblina Tue 19-Jun-07 21:59:10

bramblina Tue 19-Jun-07 22:00:12

better get yourself off to 24hr supermarket and put us all out of our misery!

Well, me, you and you dh I suppose...

AbRoller Tue 19-Jun-07 22:01:13

and me

burstingbug Tue 19-Jun-07 22:01:54

ooh ooooh when are you going to test?

serenity Tue 19-Jun-07 22:02:11

1 in 4000 chance of spontanious regeneration apparently.

BF is currently 12 weeks pg with her very unexpected 4th. Her Dh had the snip 5 years ago........I think it's worth doing a pg test just in case.

indiasmum Tue 19-Jun-07 22:03:42

O
M
G
!!!!

I thought i'd post and youd all say not to be so ruddy ridiculous! am feeling slightly giddy and nauseous at the thought of it all.....

fireflyfairy2 Tue 19-Jun-07 22:03:54

A friend of my sister was sterilised after she had her 5th child a year ago.. she is now ready tp have her 6th child.

Apparently she was "clipped" or something & it didn't hold..

Greensleeves Tue 19-Jun-07 22:04:19

LOL, you muppet

Are you OK? Are you really worried? I'm around if you want someone to freak out on, you have my number!

serenity Tue 19-Jun-07 22:07:31

sorry, didn't mean to freak you out. When Bf said she was late, I jokingly told her that it's possible she could be pg (read a thread about it on here ages and ages ago) and then she bloody well was. Felt like a complete jinx, but it proves it is possible.

SMSmadeUCMBelieveWhiteRberries Tue 19-Jun-07 22:09:29

My understanding of being "sterile" after the snip was that the sperm count had to be lower than a certain value. I don't think it has to be zero. I could be wrong though...I may have read it in some dodge magazine.

indiasmum Tue 19-Jun-07 22:09:44

god am such a tit, i even meant to name change and forgot in my haste!
right am getting myself down the chemist first thing tomorrow. will let you know.
thanks greeny, i might do, was on way to bed, may have to go back downstairs now for another glass of wine and a fag and a calm down. {breathes deeply}
dh is out boozing and schmoozing with work people. he will NOT be pleased if i have news for him tomorrow.. (though it would be his, just in case anyone was wondering! just he most definitely does not absolutely ever want any more . oh god now i've come over all charlie and lola...

indiasmum Wed 20-Jun-07 08:49:00

feeling a bit scared of doing the test. told dh about it this morning. he sort of made a kind of alarming groaning noise, in fact i thought he was going to throw up. ah well off to the chemist shortly...

NoodleStroodle Wed 20-Jun-07 08:50:46

Hope the line does what you want it to.

Budababe Wed 20-Jun-07 08:51:43

Will await news with baited breath!

indiasmum Wed 20-Jun-07 11:15:59

test has been done and it was...da da da da da da daaaaaaa....

negative.

which is what i had orig hoped for so why am i feeling disappointed?! on the way home from boots i was thinking about having a home birth and what i'd call the baby!!! how tragic am i?! but i'm not pregnant and there will be no baby. so thats that.

thanks for all your support though. kinda sorry to dissapoint

BabyMadandBIGbump Wed 20-Jun-07 11:16:10

Any news? <<<<<<sitting here waitting with my ice cream>>>>>

BabyMadandBIGbump Wed 20-Jun-07 11:19:32

I was telling DH last night he then went on to have a nightmare about it LOL, as he wants the snip after this LO is born, so it kinda got him a little worried!

indiasmum Wed 20-Jun-07 11:41:40

whoops crossed posts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now