Talk

Advanced search

have i made a colossal error!!

(9 Posts)
jenjingles Tue 19-Jun-07 16:27:12

hi just wondering if anyone knows anything about pedicures!!?? took my self off to the salon this morning and had a lovely relaxing pedicure, then got home readind magazine and oh shit !!! says not to use footsoas when pg mine were in it for about 1/2 hour what have i done, any damage, i,m 36weeks pg asked midwife but she was very vague!!

Tutter Tue 19-Jun-07 16:28:50

i've had several

never heard anything about them not beuing safe

jenjingles Tue 19-Jun-07 16:31:40

oh thank god had visions of allsorts of horrific things happening!! thanks

Budababe Tue 19-Jun-07 16:32:28

Most of my friends here have indulged in pedicures while PG with no ill effects.

I know hot tubs/jacuzzis are not good but think pedicures are ok.

marchbunny Tue 19-Jun-07 16:41:17

Hi
I am 37 weeks and treated myself to a pedicure last Friday, with footspa! Have to say that I have never heard of them being a problem. I'm sure they can't be harmful in anyway. Just enjoy your lovely groomed feet! It certainly made me feel better.
x

Princesspowersparkle Tue 19-Jun-07 16:51:00

Does that apply to the footspa things you have at home? I've had a couple over the last few weeks- they are a godsend if you are really hot. Fill with cool water and baby oil and relax. They really cool you down, help to reduce any swelling plus with the baby oil your feet come out lovely and soft!
Can't see what the health risk at all would be!
PPS (35+4) XX

mother2b Tue 19-Jun-07 16:52:52

did you not know that you're not allowed to eat anything you like or do anything you like doing in pregnancy

you're not allowed to enjoy anything, just concentrate on being pregnant fgs

Halfbumphalfbiscuit Wed 20-Jun-07 16:48:11

Is it in case you go to a manky salon and get some sort of infection from dirty clippers? In America they often use razors to get the hard skin off and I've had friends who've had warnings about salons who don't sterilise stuff properly. I think it's another example of people being overly cautious.

I'm planning to get a pedicure as soon as I can't reach my feet for my bump. Mother2b is right, people don't want you to enjoy anything when you're pg. Everyone goes out of their way to worry you and make your life a misery in the name of being 'safe just in case'. I think it's a conspiracy. (Rant over)

wurlywurly Wed 20-Jun-07 16:49:51

think its if you use the footspas that vibrate, not sure why but i know i could use mine on the vibrate settings when i was pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now