Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

"Every pregnancy is different"

(25 Posts)
mellongoose Thu 11-Oct-18 05:35:12

Or am I just remembering it differently?

I'm 8 weeks and although I'm not throwing up, I have constant pressing nausea and very little energy. I try to do exercise, long walk or a swim in the sea (usual for me) and my body is utterly exhausted for the rest of the day. So now I'm not doing anything too much until I feel better sad

Last time, I remember describing it as feeling hungover for 16 weeks. Some food aversion but nothing like this. I feel completely useless!

I work and DD has just turned 4 so maybe that's it. I can't just collapse and go to bed!!

I'd love to hear stories of how your pregnancies compared. Did it have any indication on whether you had a boy or a girl or twins?!! Just for fun smile

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 11-Oct-18 05:59:15

My first and second were the exact opposite, even the labour length, gestation etc. Both boys.

Dd was third and pregnancy was somewhere in the middle of the first two.

So all different but no correlation to the sex of the baby.

RockinRobinTweets Thu 11-Oct-18 05:59:31

Yes! DS, actual vomiting but felt better afterwards until 16 weeks. DD constant nausea. Both horrendous. Lost quite a lot of weight with both.

After that I felt fine with DS but with DD I was very uncomfortable and had no appetite for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Waitingonasmiley42 Thu 11-Oct-18 06:51:22

Second pregnancy much harder: sickness until 40 weeks, SPD, heartburn, insomnia, restless legs, exhaustion. Both babies were boys.

PrimeraVez Thu 11-Oct-18 07:04:00

Soooo different, both boys.

No nausea v. severe morning sickness until 20w
Fatigue v. no fatigue
No back pain v. severe back and pelvic pain
Lots of fluid retention v. minimal fluid retention
Anterior placenta v. posterior placenta
Head down v. transverse and then breech
Spontaneous delivery at 39w v. induction at 40+4
Waterbirth v. flat on my back on a bed due to constant monitoring
10lbs 3oz baby v. 8lbs 8oz baby

Only similarities where that I only used G&A for both deliveries, didn't require an episiotomy and only had a few superficial grazes with both.

Lilbear14 Thu 11-Oct-18 07:31:05

I'm feeling the exact same.
7 weeks absolutely wiped. Nausea is keeping me up at night, not even going to go into trapped wind and constipation because I'll be here all day.

My first two were so easy. I just rememeber feeling a bit tired but I was still able to get on with what I was doing no problems.
This pregnancy is going to be the one that stops me from having anymore I can sense it already.

PurdysChocolate Thu 11-Oct-18 07:33:04

Both pregnancies pretty similar. Very little nausea, just felt very tired. Weird body odour. Uncomfortable but uneventful. Never had braxton hicks.

Had a girl then a boy.

SoyDora Thu 11-Oct-18 07:40:44

3 very very different pregnancies here. 2 girls and a boy. This one (my third) has been by far the most difficult (it’s a boy).

mellongoose Thu 11-Oct-18 08:20:58

Thanks for these. I'm feeling dreadful. Just tried to have porridge for breakfast envy <not envy>.

Thank you for keeping me entertained. What is that lovely MN phrase? This too shall pass.

mellongoose Thu 11-Oct-18 08:21:36

Sorry for those also struggling xxx

mumofmunchkin Thu 11-Oct-18 08:56:22

First two pregnancies identical in terms of symptoms, this one completely different - all boys!

letallthechildrenboogie Thu 11-Oct-18 11:23:12

I had three children close together, then a seven year gap before the last pregnancy. I was so so so tired and thought this being older when pregnant was no fun at all. But it wasn't my age. It was twins!

Lilbear14 Thu 11-Oct-18 11:33:15

@letallthechildrenboogie I've also put this terrible pregnancy down to age, but I'm only late 20s so it shouldn't be THIS bad surely? I'm actually dreading the next few months!

mellongoose Thu 11-Oct-18 11:42:00

@letallthechildrenboogie don't say that!!!!! I'm old 42 so hopefully it's just that.

letallthechildrenboogie Thu 11-Oct-18 11:45:00

@lilbear14. Give it a few weeks. It'll get better! I found swimming really helpful too, which should have made me more tired but actually didn't. Good luck and congratulations!

letallthechildrenboogie Thu 11-Oct-18 11:47:33

@mellongoose. grin Good luck!

OutPinked Thu 11-Oct-18 12:24:33

I’ve had two boys and two girls. The girl pregnancies were an absolute breeze, I barely knew I was pregnant. The boy pregnancies on the other hand, every symptom under the sun.

PennyMordauntsLadyBrain Thu 11-Oct-18 14:08:28

Totally anecdotal, but my morning sickness was much worse with dd than with this pregnancy (a boy)

TheDisillusionedAnarchist Thu 11-Oct-18 14:26:39

#1 girl- sickness and pregnancy related anxiety early on. Mild gestational diabetes and mild SPD, she was very sick so after 20 weeks I barely noticed my own issues, but wasn’t bothered by them. Induction at 39 weeks, super easy 15 minute active labour

#2 boy, totally asymptomatic early pregnancy, diabetes came at 18 weeks and was severe this time, severe SPD ended up in a wheelchair, really terrible antenatal depression. Easy birth at 39 weeks, six hour labour only gas and air.

#3 a surprise, worst pregnancy so far, SPD came at 8 weeks so far not as bad as my son, diabetes care at 20 weeks also moderate so far but started pregnancy with fainting all the time (never fainted before) and a ?stroke which probably wasn’t. Now seem to have pregnancy induced POTS and can’t go anywhere at all without dizziness and fainting, managed an ambulance and a crash team in one week. Waiting for cardiology to confirm and I still have 14 weeks to go! Baby is the healthiest of the 3 though and the most active

Boptopus Thu 11-Oct-18 19:24:26

Crikey anarchist you have had a time of it.

mellongoose Thu 11-Oct-18 21:08:49

Good grief anarchist. Look after yourself thanks

LethalWhite Thu 11-Oct-18 21:39:57

The exact same pregnancy - unwell from 5 weeks, sick until 20 weeks, preeclampsia diagnosed at 30/31 weeks, induced at term.

Girl then a boy!

thismeansnothing Thu 11-Oct-18 22:17:07

First pregnancy I had zero symptoms. Worked full time. Craved salty food. Bags of energy. Gym, swimming, dog walks right up till when I went into labour at 42+3 . I had a girl

This pregnancy really bad nausea lost loads of weight because I couldn't eat anything. Literally a slice of toast was a struggle where I'd feel bloated and full. That settled around 18 weeks but still struggle with food. Bad dry spotty skin. I work 3 days a week now and on my 2 days off DD is at school. I sleep. I am shattered. Not been for a run or been to the gym since I found out. I look like crap. Found out this pregnancy is also with a girl

Eeeeek2 Thu 11-Oct-18 22:28:09

Dc1 vomited everyday up to 30 times a day from 4 weeks to 26 weeks, then just felt nauseous until baby arrived. Spd kicked in about 28 weeks

Dc2 vomited 6 times total, fainted 8 times and feel exhausted but that might be because of toddler.

Only thing that is the same is the aversion to coffee

Helpmemyhairisterrible Thu 11-Oct-18 22:32:09

One girl, one boy. Girl fine, boy hormones made me sick for three months and furious for the rest. Near identical six hour induced labours at 39 and 37+5 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: