Talk

Advanced search

Too old at 41?

(4 Posts)
Anotherbabypossibly Sat 11-Aug-18 20:27:26

Hi,

I have 2 DD from a previous relationship, have been married to DH for 4 years and he never really had any desire to have children of his own...until now.

My DDs are 12 and 15, DH and I are both 41 and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I love him to bits and feel like I could deprive him of a biological child if I don't go for it but it worries me how I would cope at my age with a new born and also risks associated with being an older mother.

Just looking for advice really on how others have found similar situations and how you have coped.

We have a very comfortable life financially and a large enough house to accommodate another addition so there's no issue there. I just wish he had decided a few years ago that he was ready for this lol. He has spoken about it on and off over the last 8 month's or so but I just brushed it off as a phase he was going through, appears I may have been wrong.

Any advice would be much appreciated smile

physicskate Sat 11-Aug-18 20:45:50

Bear in mind there are no guarantees over the age of 40... I'd set some limits through discussion about how far you're willing to go with this (treatment etc...). Once you start ttc, you tend to get you heart kinda stuck on it...

Armygirl Sat 11-Aug-18 20:46:04

I have children of my own and I’m
Due my 4th a few months before my 40th birthday. It will be my partners first baby. My age hasn’t been mentioned by any of the midwives and I’ve been told it’s because this isn’t my first pregnancy.
Maybe you could have a chat with your gp for some advice and reassurance? X

Anotherbabypossibly Sat 11-Aug-18 20:53:42

Thanks girls, yeah I know I won't be as fertile as I was when I conceived before and to be fair we are just assuming DH doesn't have any fertility issues when this could be far from true. We would need to discuss how far we would go if it wasn't happening.

Congrats Armygirl, how exciting for you both and it's good to hear that no issue has been made about your age smile I might speak to my GP about it thanks for the replies x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: