Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

EVERYTHING stinks!

(6 Posts)
ShowerTheHorse Sat 11-Aug-18 17:36:20

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and everything smells.

My washing stinks, my cat stinks even DP smells.

I can't find a washing powder I can stand it's drying now and I want to throw up. Oh god envy. I Can even smell my own house and I don't even like the smell of that.

Tell me this gets better?!

kitcatdog Sat 11-Aug-18 18:16:43

I had this but thankfully it faded about 4ish weeks ago @ 14wks. Ot was awful though. It was absolutely everything, even tap water and whenever I stepped into a bar U was hit by the overwhelming smell of alcohol on people's breath. Awful. It does get better though, thankfully.

ichifanny Sat 11-Aug-18 19:38:45

Hate to say I’m 34 weeks and still on a mission to eradicate bad smells lol

dingdongdigeridoo Sat 11-Aug-18 19:49:23

I’ve had a really sensitive nose all through this pregnancy. There are two perfumes that I’ve had to shelve as I can’t stand the smell of them, and I know whenever DH has opened the fridge as I can smell the food from a mile away. Maybe try some sensitive washing powder, the kind made for babies? It shouldn’t have much of a scent.

sar302 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:52:45

Ha, sadly not! I swear I still have my increased sense of smell 8 months pp. Aftershave on people makes me choke as I walk down the street, and my husband / friends won't even have noticed!

shortsaint Sat 11-Aug-18 20:21:51

To this day so-called 'air fresheners' that they put in public loos make me gag 16 years later...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: