Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnant again after losses, so scared

(11 Posts)
Chris2315 Sat 11-Aug-18 12:08:28

Hi everyone 😊 after having a beautiful baby boy in October 2015, last year me and my fiancé decided to try again. I conceived in August 2017 and unfortunately started spotting 😟 after lots of blood tests showing my hCG was rising slowly, and scans which didn’t show any signs of a pregnancy, they found a growth on my left ovary and I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. I had to have a methotrexate injection which was just awful!

Since then, I’ve had 2 other pregnancies - one in February in which I had more spotting and had a miscarriage at just over 5 weeks, and the last one in April which was absolutely awful. My pregnancy symptoms were really strong and I had no spotting, and an early scan showed a yolk sac 😊 but then after another scan at about 7 weeks, they found the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and didn’t have a heartbeat. A week later this was confirmed and I had to have an induced miscarriage 😟 and even then pregnancy ‘tissue’ as they call it was stuck and a doctor had to pull it out!

Even though we were desperate for a sibling for our son, we decided to wait a few cycles. Well my period was due on the 5th, and I had a positive test yesterday morning 😊 I’m just so scared, after 3 losses, my hopes aren’t high! I’m having a scan at the EPU on the 20th (I’ll be 6w 2d) and I don’t know how I’m going to cope.

At the moment at 5w exactly, I’ve got some symptoms but I’m worried it’s not enough. I did feel a bit sick this morning but not much, and I’m constantly seeing and I’m constipated. Also lots of CM (clear with a tinge of yellow sometimes). Do these symptoms sound ok for 5w? My hCG was low with my ectopic so I’m scared 😟

What’s worrying me though is sometimes I get a sharp pain above my right hipbone. It’s not agonising but it happens a few times a day, usually when I sit on the toilet. I’m terrified of another ectopic but I’m hoping this could be normal, has anyone had anything similar?

Thank u 😊

CobaltRose Sat 11-Aug-18 12:23:02

Sorry for your losses and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I've 'only' had one miscarriage (back in April, I was supposed to be 12 weeks but a scan revealed an empty sac). I had to have an operation and it was a horrible experience.

I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. I've had two early scans, both of which show a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat, but I'm STILL worrying. I don't think it ever truly leaves you after a loss.

I didn't have ANY symptoms at 5 weeks. They only kicked in at about 7 weeks. Of course I cannot guarantee that everything is fine but from what you've said I wouldn't be concerned. The pain you're getting is likely caused by your constipation. I'm super bunged up too and get sharp pain around my hips and back.

I know it's so hard but try not to worry. Perhaps you could arrange to have a private early scan done? I found them massively reassuring.

Since you've had three consecutive losses, have you or your partner undergone any testing?

Good luck and congrats again flowers

CobaltRose Sat 11-Aug-18 12:26:15

Actually, because you've had three previous losses your local EPU should offer you an early scan on the NHS. Ring up and ask smile

Emmafh3 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:23:15

Not sure if all places count an ectopic as a mc, so they might not offer it. But I'm sure most doctors and epus will set it up regardless and cant tell much until 6w anyway.

You've got a stong start op! A sticky strong one is bound to happen sooner rather than later!
I had two mc this year, found out I was pregnant straight after my last and was terrified. I was refused an early scan, made it to 10w4d any woke up to quite heavy bleeding + practically 0 symptoms since mc. Maybe a little tired every now and then, convinced it was a mc or mmc. Had a scan and babe was perfectly fine!
First 40 weeks are the hardest to get through after losses, but positivity is the only hope! Good luck flowers

Chris2315 Sun 12-Aug-18 10:49:00

Thank u everyone 😊 glad to hear both of you have had good pregnancies smile I haven’t had that particular pain since yesterday morning, but I have had shooting pains ‘down there’ but I think that’s normal? I’m still worried about my symptoms, I haven’t really felt sick and my boobs aren’t sore, although I usually get that a bit later I think. Just want to start feeling sick lol! I’m 5w 1d today

Chris2315 Sun 12-Aug-18 10:59:58

Forgot to say, they didn’t class my ectopic as a miscarriage which is why they haven’t done any tests x

DaringtoDream Wed 15-Aug-18 09:43:21

So sorry for your losses Chris2315. I am on my 4th pregnancy after having 3 miscarriages one of which was a MMC discovered at the 12 week scan. I’ve been lucky enough to be offered reassurance scans this time at 8w and 10w I’m now 11w 5days with the 12w scan looming this Friday but it doesn’t matter how many times I see baby on the screen as soon as I leave I’m so scared of miscarrying again. I saw a heartbeat with the last 2 pregnancies before miscarriage. I really don’t think we’ll ever relax until we have a healthy baby in our arms. I just try to take each day at a time and really try not to get emotionally attached (which is impossible) I throw away all of my paperwork before each appointment (if it’s good news I fish it out of the bin when I get home) and I always refuse scan pictures. Fingers crossed we all get our happy endings this time around. X

Embobolina88 Thu 16-Aug-18 08:53:26

Sorry to hear about your losses. We had our little boy in 2015 no problems. Miscarriage at 11 October 16 and blighted ovum at 9 weeks February 17. I’m now 9+3 and really nervous.

I spoke to my midwife about my nerves and how down I’d been feeling and disconnected from
The pregnancy and she rang and got me a reassurance scan. I’m sure they could for you if you just have a chat with them.

I wish I had some good advice but I’m struggling a little myself. All I will do is remind you how high the odds are of everything going to plan. And remind you that sadly everything is out of our hands and no amount of worrying and googling will change anything. Try and stay positive and take it a day at a time. Xxx

Chris2315 Mon 20-Aug-18 10:34:08

Thanks both and all the best for you both smile

I've got my scan toady in about 3 hours, I've never been so nervous in my life sad sad I'm still not feeling sick and I don't have sore boobs, and I am eating more and feeling tired but it doesn't feel like enough!

I'm just hoping the odds of 2 missed miscarriages in a row are small...but I'm preparing myself for the long silence as the person scanning me tries to find a heartbeat and fails sad

DaringtoDream Mon 20-Aug-18 11:57:49

Fingers crossed for you. Hope all goes well. My only symptom at 6 weeks was tiredness so try to stay positive. There’s a strong chance everything will be ok. Xx

Chris2315 Mon 20-Aug-18 15:27:42

Just got back and my little bean has a heartbeat!! Measuring 3mm, and the sonographer is very happy and says it's looking good smile such a relief!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: