Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

19 weeks and swollen ankles

(3 Posts)
Firsttimemum1829 Fri 10-Aug-18 22:41:11

Is anyone else around the same time as me and having this? Since about Tuesday by about 5pm my ankles are so swollen they look huge. The hot weather has actually cooled down a bit, so it can’t be that. Has anyone else had this at around 19 weeks and it be nothing, I am just worried it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia? X

BridgeFarmKefir Fri 10-Aug-18 22:52:42

If the swelling was sudden and hasn't gone down with rest and elevation I'd suggest you call your midwife. Swelling is normal, especially in hotter weather, but should reduce if you put your feet up. It's probably nothing but better to be safe. If you have any other PE symptoms like blurred vision or headache you definitely need to speak to someone. Hope it's all ok smile

Firsttimemum1829 Sat 11-Aug-18 05:51:27

Thank you I did elevate them last night when I got home and this morning the swelling has gone down. Thankfully none of the other PE symptoms, but think I will still call for reassurance xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: