Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else struggling now?

(20 Posts)
Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 11:23:06

I’m 31 weeks. Still suffering hyperemesis. Thankfully not being sick often but terribly queasy. Struggling to sleep as I have to keep getting up for a wee. I have mild spd which is ok as long as I don’t do anything but gets bad if I try and do too much walking. I have had an upset tummy for the last 3 days. I am so tired and fed up now. Not sure how I will manage the next couple of months. The baby is moving well but I’m not enjoying that much this time either as it really hurts sometimes when it kicks me.

a2inthehouse Fri 10-Aug-18 11:25:25

39 weeks here. Had an ok pregnancy but I'm a SAHM to a 1 year old so I don't get a chance to rest and relax.
I always think once you get past 30 weeks the countdown is on smile

meglinco Fri 10-Aug-18 11:29:55

Help i took cheap preg test last night got 5 faint positive but took again this morning and got neg ????

Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 11:35:00

Not long now then a2inthehouse I have a 2 year old so I know what you mean about not relaxing although we have watched far too much tv. It is definitely lovely to be in single figures when I think about how many weeks I’ve got left. Although I try not to think about that too often.

Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 11:36:01

meglinco I would recommend starting your own thread so some people can help who have experience with your issue.

meglinco Fri 10-Aug-18 11:38:07

How do i do that ?

Merrz Fri 10-Aug-18 11:54:00

Hotchocolate86 sounds really hard going, hang in there, it probably feels like the next 2 months will never pass but like pp says the countdown is on. Are you quite organised with everything for baby? Can you find something to focus on to try and pass the time?

Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:12:47

Hi merrzz I think we are sorted for baby as we still have most things from my 2 year old. There is a fair bit id like to do in the house (decluttering to create space mostly) but that has to be taken on a day to day basis depending on how I feel. I enjoy sewing so I am hoping I will be able to manage a bit more of that to pass some of the time. Thank you for your reply.

Thegirlhasnoname Fri 10-Aug-18 12:21:19

29 weeks (tomorrow) and this past week has probably been the hardest of my pregnancy so far so definitely sympathies with you!

Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 18:37:11

Sorry to hear you are struggling too thegirl. It’s not easy at all is it? I don’t suppose anyone expects it to be an easy ride but this pregnancy is certainly harder than my previous ones.

Gem173 Fri 10-Aug-18 18:47:31

@Hotchocolate86 I feel the exact same.
This week I turned 37 weeks pregnant and bam everything has hit me at once, tiredness, mild to severe SPD in my lower back/right hip, constant pressure on my bladder caused by babies head being engaged. I cried nearly all day yesterday in pain and the delivery suite said it’s spd just take paracetamol and relax -.- paracetamol did not help the pain! I still have it now!
My baby has become very active which sometimes is not great especially when he plays with my bladder!
I didn’t think it could really get this bad before labour starts sad

Hotchocolate86 Fri 10-Aug-18 20:34:12

Awww gem that sounds horrible too. It’s lovely to have an active baby but it can be so uncomfortable at times. I hate moaning so I’m trying to keep bright and cheery round other people but some days it’s hard!

jubbablub Fri 10-Aug-18 22:59:59

I’m also trying not to moan, but I’m 34 weeks and my reflux is so bad. I’m on holiday so can’t get a prescription from my GP for more omeprazole. Everything is uncomfortable. Feel like I’m on a proper countdown now.

Pinkvoid Sat 11-Aug-18 10:22:31

I’m 28 weeks tomorrow and already feeling it. It’s DC4 and I’m a fair bit older than I was with the other three so it’s definitely taken it’s toll on my ageing body grin.

I’m starting with mild SPD myself. Definitely struggling to get comfortable on a night, peeing constantly, baby’s kicks have just got a lot stronger suddenly and can get uncomfortable at times. I feel like a whale... I have big babies and am measuring three weeks ahead with this one so looking like another huge baby.

Still got 12 weeks left of this 😩

MangoesAndMatchsticks Sat 11-Aug-18 10:35:00

Ooh this looks like a thread for me grin

36 and 3.

Hyperemesis vanished a few weeks ago, but reflux has been horrific for about 8 weeks - sometimes to the point of vomiting. SPD is a nightmare and I can hardly walk, chuck in the back pain and sciatica right down my left leg with incontinence and an active almost three year old who is toilet training (we also only have one toilet which is upstairs) and I'm not exactly blooming.

The first time around wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs but looking back it was a breeze in comparison.

I still remember the awe and joy at holding my first though, and I know it will all be worth it.

SiolGhoraidh Sat 11-Aug-18 15:53:56

SPD is kicking my arse at 35 weeks as well. Having to use a wheelchair when we're out now, and having people talk about me rather than to me is doing nothing for my self esteem or my temper!

Gem173 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:13:33

Guys it wasn’t SPD it was early labour! Waters went this morning at 8:30am waiting for contractions to start! X

Hotchocolate86 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:21:55

Oh gem that’s great news. Good luck with everything and do keep us posted.

You are right mangoes that it really is worth it in the end. It’s just a long hard slog to get there sometimes.

MangoesAndMatchsticks Sun 12-Aug-18 09:46:33

gem that's great! Hope all went well and DC is safely here.

Siol Thankfully the weather is awful so I've got the excuse to stay home now and find indoorsy things to do. I imagine that's making you very cross. I'm sitting here a bit annoyed on your behalf!

OP It is, isn't it? I knew about my pregnancy from really early on and I feel like I've been pregnant forever.

My body clock has kicked in now and I'm waking at regular intervals through the night to feed the baby, which would be less annoying if there was actually a baby present to feed. My other one refuses to nap during the day as well which means that instead of being rested I constantly feel a level of sleep deprivation.

Pickledgerkingsareathing Sun 12-Aug-18 10:10:46

36weeks and stay at home mum to a very energetic currently enjoying testing his boundaries 16month old!!x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: