Talk

Advanced search

12 week scan

(18 Posts)
emma911030 Wed 08-Aug-18 12:34:45

I have my first scan tomorrow and I will be 12 weeks 3 days, this is my first baby and I am utterly terrified!! I'm so worried they're just going to find nothing.
Feeling anxious as anything and can't stop thinking about it. Working all day today so hope it makes the day go quicker. Scan isn't until lunch time tomorrow so going to be the longest morning ever!! 😫

ells20 Wed 08-Aug-18 13:58:24

I am the exact same!!! We have our scan on Friday and I'm so excited but so nervous as well. Hope it all goes well for you!! Lots of luck smile

ladycarlotta Wed 08-Aug-18 14:39:56

It's going to be so exciting! Relax and enjoy it. I'm 10+3 and scheduled for my scan in 2 weeks - I'm really looking forward to it. I've had 2 previous scans so it's a bit different, I can imagine feeling a bit tense if this is the first you've had. But I promise it's a lovely experience. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

AliceRR Wed 08-Aug-18 14:53:34

I completely understand how you are feeling. I am 13+2 and my first scan is this Friday. I have no real reason to think anything is wrong and know the odds are everything is fine but I am so worried in case it does not go well. Good luck for tomorrow x

helvetica01 Wed 08-Aug-18 16:47:39

I was exactly the same before my first scan, and did SO MUCH googling of risk of missed miscarriage and all sorts of issues. There is a tiny chance but very unlikely. All will be well. Congratulations!

TinyMarie Wed 08-Aug-18 18:49:06

I was in that position last Friday. I felt so back to my normal self that I was absolutely convinced something was wrong. I didn't let myself feel at all excited and just wanted it to be over so I could begin to process the bad news. Well, on the screen was a healthy little bean with a strong little heartbeat. I couldn't believe that I felt so normal yet that little baby was in me! It's perfectly normal to experience all of these worries in pregnancy, I think most women do but chances are everything is completely normal and healthy! Good luck for tomorrow x

AliceRR Wed 08-Aug-18 19:49:05

@helvetica01 You sound like me! I have googled the chances of miscarriage at various stages, the risk of MMC, the symptoms of MMC. As I have had no bleeding (other than one tiny occurrence of spotting which I don’t think was anything) it’s MMC that has been my fear even though I know the risk is low.

It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one thinking this way

helvetica01 Wed 08-Aug-18 19:53:51

@AliceRR neurotic first time mum syndrome!

Worieddd Wed 08-Aug-18 20:19:14

Aaah know how you feel.

Mine isn’t till next week and I’m petrified!

Also been going MMC and symptoms. Why oh why do we do this to ourselves?

Worieddd Wed 08-Aug-18 20:19:30

Benn ‘googling’

Izzyw1983 Thu 09-Aug-18 03:54:45

I felt the same when I had my scan..I had always been told I couldn't get pregnant....but everything was fine...I actually think everyone probably feels the same xx

emma911030 Thu 09-Aug-18 14:18:28

After all my anxiety we have two arms and two legs with hands and feet to go with them.. still early days but the lady said she couldn't see anything that caused her any concerns at all (I explained my anxiety of the whole appointment lol)

myotherbagisgucci Thu 09-Aug-18 14:21:48

Congratulations OP!! I love reading positive outcomes like yours!! smile xx

TinyMarie Thu 09-Aug-18 14:37:43

Congratulations! It's amazing isn't it!

ells20 Thu 09-Aug-18 14:39:55

Ahhhhh yay congratulations so pleased!!! I have mine tomorrow so feeling your anxiety right now - will keep you updated.

Congrats again smile

Izzyw1983 Thu 09-Aug-18 15:06:28

Congratulations xx

emma911030 Sat 11-Aug-18 00:15:57

@ells20 hope all went well for you today lovely x

ells20 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:05:02

@emma911030 ahhhh thank you!! It did smile we had a very healthy heartbeat - measuring a bit smaller than they expected so got to go back in 10 days for another one as they think my dates are slightly wrong! But other than that it was amazing - had a little cry of joy haha!!! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: