Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Could I be pregnant?

(6 Posts)
MumOfTwo2018 Tue 19-Jun-18 01:24:03

I was on the contraceptive pill (Cerazette) for no more six weeks. My first bleed lasted 12 days and my second bleed lasted 21 days! I stopped taking the pill 3 days before my second bleed stopped, as there were days I would not bleed at all and then randomly in the night I would bleed!?

Me and my partner had sex a few times and I took the morning after pill on the final day (day 5) with about a six hour time slot left before it would become non effective. My next period was two weeks after my last bleed and lasted four days ; extremely light for two of those. Two days later I got a brown discharge when I wiped and that was it.

Since then, I have had a lot of vaginal discharge. It’s normal; no odor, white in colour, just a LOT more than usual. It crossed my mind that I could be pregnant?

I am trying to prolong a pregnancy test, as I want to be sure the result is correct when I take it.

I don’t feel I was on the pill long enough for it to effect my periods like this.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance! smile

XxXemma Tue 19-Jun-18 01:53:53

I took that pill & I'll never touch it again it turned me into a completely different person but I feel your pain about your periods afterwards I took the pill for about 6 months so a lot longer than you but for four months my periods were all over the show, I think everybody reacts very differently to this pill as I've seen this pill on lots of Facebook posts etc with complications!

If your unsure on when you could have got pregnant maybe do a test & again in a week etc if negative if you want to be sure & see if you get your next period. Mine were crazy like 2 days then nothing for a week then spotting for a few days then bleeding for 10 days then no period for 5 weeks!

Hope everything turns out how you want it! smile

JustHavinABreak Tue 19-Jun-18 02:26:37

Sounds like Cerazette didn't really suits you so yes, it is possible that you could be pregnant, or at least it isn't impossible. If it's going to nag away at you, the only thing to do is get yourself to the bathroom and poas. You'll know either way and you can take from there. Hope you get the result you want x

MumOfTwo2018 Tue 19-Jun-18 11:32:10

It’s an awful pill and I won’t chance another brand. Since my last ‘period’ I have had no unexpected bleed, so I’m hoping it’s had no effect on me.

I think I’m best just to try a test, surely if I was having any early pregnancy symptoms, it means my body has enough hormone to show a positive pregnancy test.

Thank you for the advice though smile

TinyTerror1 Tue 19-Jun-18 12:45:50

I tested with symptoms and got a negative but was fairly sure I was pregnant so tested again a week later and got a BFP before I'd finished peeing. So I'd recommend getting a couple of tests and doing a second one in 3+ days (wait as long as you can - most people on here seem to think waiting a week is impossible but I wouldn't bother doing it daily).

MumOfTwo2018 Wed 20-Jun-18 01:23:44

Thanks TinyTerror1. I will prolong it as long as possible, as having a two year old and a 10 month old is pretty time consuming - so a week will go by quicker than expected lol.

Thanks again for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: