Talk

Advanced search

Coughing and peeing my self

(14 Posts)
SamanthaH92 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:59

34+ weeks pregnant. I've got a really horrible cough. I already pee'd when i was sick earlier on which i did in my last pregnancy. Then it started when i sneezed (baby has always been sat on my bladder) so i started doing kegals weeks ago, i thought they were working as was no longer peeing when sneezing but now i am on day 4 of a really bad cough and I'm peeing my self loads today and had to go buy some pads. Google says its normal but i just want some reassurance. Any one else the same?

kikibo Wed 13-Jun-18 21:01:22

Yes, normal unfortunately. I had this. The only thing that really 'helped ' was emptying my bladder regularly, even if I didn't feel I needed to go, and concentrating on squeezing when I felt I was going to sneeze or cough.

Foodylicious Wed 13-Jun-18 21:05:48

Yep same here. Had been for a while.
I'm 23 weeks now, but had a bad cough around 14 weeks I think. That and the hg, and it's just bad when it's bad.
It had eased off a bit and I wasn't wearing pads all the time, but suddenly this week I think I am just leaking sometimes due to where baby is.
It's crap sad

Redheadmummy3 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:07:47

I'm also 34 weeks and constantly peeing myself a bit when I'm sneezing or coughing. I had a very tickly throat for about a week and was coughing constantly and I would be peeing myself even after I had been to the toilet lol! Definitely normal but not nice when your out and about that's for sure😂

SamanthaH92 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:12:58

I haven't been going out lol. Not while i have this cough. I'm not even sure i am doing kegals correctly but if it started working i must be, right? I'm glad to know I'm not alone 🙈 thanks ladies xx

pumpkinbump Wed 13-Jun-18 21:49:42

I did this Monday walking down the stairs!

mintich Wed 13-Jun-18 21:55:05

Yep this is happening to me, second pregnancy

SecretLimonadeDrinker Wed 13-Jun-18 22:08:17

I had a sneezing fit (hay fever) whilst trying to find the toilets on a day out and wet myself a little, luckily I had spare pants in my bag just in case blush still a new low.

MadeForThis Wed 13-Jun-18 22:17:12

Cross legs then cough.

Havetothink Thu 14-Jun-18 09:06:57

Second pregnancy, couple of coughs and sneezes I'm fine but a prolonged attack and my pelvic floor just can't cope, not serious but inconvenient especially with hayfever.

SamanthaH92 Thu 14-Jun-18 10:54:41

Are any off you doing kegels? X

mintich Thu 14-Jun-18 12:52:41

I am but my pelvic floor almost feels too weak to even hold the muscle for a couple of seconds. Persevering though!

SamanthaH92 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:06:44

I didn't know if i was doing them right but i can stop my urine mid flow and it seems like the same mucles so hopefully i am. Haven't had one episode today of coughing and peeing thank god x

Havetothink Thu 14-Jun-18 18:29:09

I do kegals every day, dread to think how much worse it would be if I didn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: