Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Coughing and peeing my self

(14 Posts)
SamanthaH92 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:59

34+ weeks pregnant. I've got a really horrible cough. I already pee'd when i was sick earlier on which i did in my last pregnancy. Then it started when i sneezed (baby has always been sat on my bladder) so i started doing kegals weeks ago, i thought they were working as was no longer peeing when sneezing but now i am on day 4 of a really bad cough and I'm peeing my self loads today and had to go buy some pads. Google says its normal but i just want some reassurance. Any one else the same?

kikibo Wed 13-Jun-18 21:01:22

Yes, normal unfortunately. I had this. The only thing that really 'helped ' was emptying my bladder regularly, even if I didn't feel I needed to go, and concentrating on squeezing when I felt I was going to sneeze or cough.

Foodylicious Wed 13-Jun-18 21:05:48

Yep same here. Had been for a while.
I'm 23 weeks now, but had a bad cough around 14 weeks I think. That and the hg, and it's just bad when it's bad.
It had eased off a bit and I wasn't wearing pads all the time, but suddenly this week I think I am just leaking sometimes due to where baby is.
It's crap sad

Redheadmummy3 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:07:47

I'm also 34 weeks and constantly peeing myself a bit when I'm sneezing or coughing. I had a very tickly throat for about a week and was coughing constantly and I would be peeing myself even after I had been to the toilet lol! Definitely normal but not nice when your out and about that's for sure😂

SamanthaH92 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:12:58

I haven't been going out lol. Not while i have this cough. I'm not even sure i am doing kegals correctly but if it started working i must be, right? I'm glad to know I'm not alone 🙈 thanks ladies xx

pumpkinbump Wed 13-Jun-18 21:49:42

I did this Monday walking down the stairs!

mintich Wed 13-Jun-18 21:55:05

Yep this is happening to me, second pregnancy

SecretLimonadeDrinker Wed 13-Jun-18 22:08:17

I had a sneezing fit (hay fever) whilst trying to find the toilets on a day out and wet myself a little, luckily I had spare pants in my bag just in case blush still a new low.

MadeForThis Wed 13-Jun-18 22:17:12

Cross legs then cough.

Havetothink Thu 14-Jun-18 09:06:57

Second pregnancy, couple of coughs and sneezes I'm fine but a prolonged attack and my pelvic floor just can't cope, not serious but inconvenient especially with hayfever.

SamanthaH92 Thu 14-Jun-18 10:54:41

Are any off you doing kegels? X

mintich Thu 14-Jun-18 12:52:41

I am but my pelvic floor almost feels too weak to even hold the muscle for a couple of seconds. Persevering though!

SamanthaH92 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:06:44

I didn't know if i was doing them right but i can stop my urine mid flow and it seems like the same mucles so hopefully i am. Haven't had one episode today of coughing and peeing thank god x

Havetothink Thu 14-Jun-18 18:29:09

I do kegals every day, dread to think how much worse it would be if I didn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: