Talk

Advanced search

Chest exercises to avoid saggy boobs?!

(19 Posts)
unicornchaser Wed 13-Jun-18 15:17:48

Anyone know of any good ones that are pregnancy friendly?! And can be done at home?
I have really big boobs and terrified of them going any further south as they get bigger & heavier through pregnancy......

zzzzz Wed 13-Jun-18 15:19:09

Boobs are not held up by muscle so no exercise will make them perkier.

unicornchaser Wed 13-Jun-18 16:05:41

But surely chest/pec exercises will help tighten everything and stop everything from shifting south?! Look at body builders etc (obviously this is an extreme example!)

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 16:07:54

Chest presses and flyes will give your decolletage a lift.

SendYouUpinFlames Wed 13-Jun-18 16:09:52

But boobs are lumps of fat. There is no way you can tone your actual boobs.

unicornchaser Wed 13-Jun-18 16:15:36

Thanks @MikeUniformMike the kind of response I am looking for smile

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 16:18:56

You can't tone the boobs, but you can tone your chest.

Grasslands Wed 13-Jun-18 16:19:17

It’s all genetics and gravity. No exercises will change your breasts.
Female body builders are extremely lean and don’t have much if any breast tissue.

zzzzz Wed 13-Jun-18 16:19:23

The muscles are under the boobs. Like jelly on a plate. Makes no difference if the plate is steel or plastic.
However better core muscle tone will improve your posture and make you feel better.

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Wed 13-Jun-18 16:23:54

You will get a very slight lift from exercising the pectoral muscles. Also do shoulder rows, front and lateral raises for back and shoulders. This will help improve your posture and avoid round shoulders which make your boobs look droopy.

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 16:24:03

TBH, I would ask the GP before doing chest presses and flyes as you would need to use weights.
Your best bet is to not put on too much weight and to BF.

unicornchaser Wed 13-Jun-18 16:39:14

Genetically there is a long line of big chested women in my family, my sister went up to a double J cup when pregnant and I myself am into a FF now, increased by 2 cup sizes already regardless of the fact I have put on very little elsewhere.

I realise you can't actually tone the boobs as such but the muscles under to help tone & lift even a little! I used to do all these chest exercises in the gym but will need to think how I can go about doing them on the floor in the house 🤔

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 16:43:40

If you know what you are doing, just use little weights to maintain. Rowing exercises would probably help too. I would ask for medical advice though, and you sound like you are in good shape.

Hideandgo Wed 13-Jun-18 16:43:51

The best you can do is a good bra and no breastfeeding to avoid the breast tissue and skin being stretched and strained as much as possible.

I honestly think however that you should just appreciate a healthy pair of breasts and enjoy your body for what it is and not waste precious time doing pretty futile exercises.

Wolfiefan Wed 13-Jun-18 16:45:44

No exercises will change how saggy or not your boobs are. Agree with a PP. decent support is important.

zzzzz Wed 13-Jun-18 18:20:38

no breastfeeding to avoid the breast tissue and skin being stretched and strained as much as possible.
Is it bf or pregnancy that you need to avoid?

Hideandgo Wed 13-Jun-18 18:23:57

They do swell in pregnancy so I guess you could avoid pregnancy.....

Wellthisunexpected Wed 13-Jun-18 20:21:25

@zzzzz technically both, but the up/down/up/down of your boobs when breastfeeding definitely does some damage. Thankfully my boobs haven't sagged too much. My hips on the other had...

zzzzz Wed 13-Jun-18 21:41:31

Google seems to think it pregnancy not bfing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: