Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Feeling kicks really low at 21 weeks

(7 Posts)
CathyandHeathcliff Wed 13-Jun-18 14:41:47

I'm a FTM, 21 weeks & a few days. I've started to feel fairly regular movements, however they are always so low, around my pelvic bone and knicker line.

I've only ever felt him higher a couple of times...is this normal?
Sometimes it's even lower, if that's possible! It feels like he's trying to kick his way out...really bizarre.
I had my 20 week scan last eeek and everything looks good, the sonographer commented that he's sitting low, but said something like I have a spacious pelvis.
I'm also 5'6 but have a short torso and long legs, not sure if this could have any bearing on it.
She didn't seem concerned...I'm just thinking I should be feeling him higher by now.

I'm hoping my cervix is strong enough to deal with the constant kicking and movements so low down.
It also makes me need a wee every few minutes and usually very urgently. I'm going to get checked out for a bladder infection in case too.

Bluebirdsky Wed 13-Jun-18 14:48:32

It just depends what position they are lying in, I felt all my movement very low down at that stage.

Havetothink Wed 13-Jun-18 18:02:31

Wait till it gets bigger you'll really think it's trying to punch/kick it's way out, quite uncomfortable, sometimes painful.

Reader1984 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:24

I felt mine really low to begin with. An odd and uncomfortable sensation! I'm now 26 weeks and much more around my belly button.

Bethacus Wed 13-Jun-18 20:13:41

Do you know where your placenta is? I have an anterior placenta and felt all my movements very low in my pelvis from around week 20 - 24. Baby has since started moving round a bit more and I find just as I get used to one ‘pattern’ of movement she’ll only go and change the routine!

CathyandHeathcliff Wed 13-Jun-18 20:14:31

@Bethacus Mine is posterior so it's not that issue.

snowy1982 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:05:58

I am 27 weeks and feel kicks all over the place, some days low some days high and some days a mix of both. The low ones have started to feel like my backside is being kicked from the inside, it’s a very strange experience

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: