Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Down

(5 Posts)
Spanglyprincess1 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:38:06

Im 37 weeks now. Struggling as per previous post with hip pain and back ache, prob a syatic nerve issue. This is causing me not to sleep plus I'm becoming increasingly anxious - no idea what about.
Last two /three days I've been crying for several hours during the day and last night I was so anxious I think I had what I can best describe as a panic attack. Was struggling to breathe and room was spinning.
I did suffer from depression about five years ago and have been ok since. Most of my coping strategies involve exercising which I can't do at the momment due to the hip pain and certainly not intensive exercise due to baby. I can't drive now for too long either so struggling with that as well.
I spoke to partner about how I'm feeling g who just said I need to calm down as bad for baby. I know this but I can't seem to stop.

Is this just normal hormones IE baby related or should I raise it with someone?

TinyTerror1 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:15:51

I think it's common for hormones to flare up in the last 3 weeks from what I've read on this board. However, if you are feeling that your emotions are out of control then it is always worth talking to someone about it. It's difficult to advise anything to help you calm down as you don't specifically know what your anxiety is caused by.

Not the most helpful response from your partner either. I know they mean well but sometimes they really don't think about what they're saying.

Hope you find a strategy for dealing with it xx

Want2bSupermum Wed 13-Jun-18 16:21:31

Prenatal depression happens. Please go and see your GP. The incidence of postnatal depression is higher when a mother has prenatal depression.

Well done for posting here. Please do get professional help.

Aw12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:35:22

Go and see your gp or midwife... Around 23 weeks I was a wreck, crying constantly. Battled through by myself, stupid decision, should have sought the help that is available and that I needed at the time.

Look after yourself, pregnancy if flipping hard sometimes :-)

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 22:31:17

It could be a mixture of hormones, feeling fed up with the pain/discomfort, being quite near to due date. ..but also sleep deprivation is a huge thing! I'd second the opinion to talk to someone and try hang in there. Hopefully not long to go now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: